Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Hesitating When Air Conditioner On

Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Default Hesitating When Air Conditioner On

2005 Town and Country

Gentleman came to house in the evening, wife gave him the keys and he charged the a/c unit while I was gone. The following day, you could feel a slight colder temperature change, but the van started hesitating immediately after turning a/c unit on. It was like the fuel tank had water in it. I would turn the a/c off and the hesitating stopped. We were running errands that day, so I tried this numerous times throughout the day. The day after that, the slight temperature change was gone, it was back to the normal cool air blowing.

Hate to blame the a/c guy, hoping this is just bad timing.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Default Hesitating

The gentleman had actually taken out some freon, causing the compressor to continually cycle on and off, thus causing the hesitating. It did feel cooler for some reason, maybe it was wishful thinking?? I went to a professional shop, they removed all freon and topped it off with fresh. My van is an icebox now ) Anyway, thought I'd let everybody know.