Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi all from new owner of 97 Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Default Hi all from new owner of 97 Grand Voyager

Well, just got back from driving my new car home.
1997 Grand Voyager LE 173,000 miles on the clock. LPG system fitted.

Everything works apart from a brake fluid leak! Some dozy mechanic replaced the rear pipes prior to my purchase (previous owner mentioned this work being carried out and I have receipt for work). Looks like coming out near compensator valve, will have a look in morning.
Airbag light on, horn not working, cruise not working. So, just bought clock spring kit from Ebay.

Wheels are a bit tatty, some no-name tyres on, probably get new ones soon.

Needs plug, oil and filter service.

Interior smells like old dog, gonna hire rug doctor tomorrow (after fixing brakes of course!), gonna doctor my new car, my old car (prior to sale), my mattresses, my cats, take it to work and all my work colleagues can have their cars done for a small fee!

Is there any way to raise the rear of the car easily? The lpg tank is where the spare usually sits. Thing is, it's a space saver tyre but the lpg tank is full thickness! I'm afraid of scraping it, there are some scratchings already!

Basically though, I'm pleased! The car did the 100 mile journey home for about 10 pound sterling cost of autogas, which although is still expensive by US prices, is cheaper cost per mile than diesel!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Default RE: Hi all from new owner of 97 Grand Voyager

Hi
Just a little note your clock spring would most likely be covered under the recall. call your local dealer at least you would get it done for free and put your clock spring back on e-bay.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Default RE: Hi all from new owner of 97 Grand Voyager

as for LPG instalation

if it's legal, then don't worry.
when it was installed, the tank MUST be positioned higher then car's lowest point, which is rear axle on your car. also, if it's outside of the car, it should have additional protection against scratching. that's usually some type of metal plate or a whole housing beneath.

when you lay under the car to check brake fluid leak, take a look at the tanks. gas tank is plastic and thin. LPG tank is made of 3 mm steel. it actually gives you extra protection in case somebody slams into you from behind.
it is more likely that you will rip it out of the car completly, then damage it. and don't worry. even if that happenes, there is a solenoid (one out of three at least) that will prevent LPG leakage.