Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Homelink will not program

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Angry Homelink will not program

2012 T&C and Genie head (post 1996 intellicode).
OK this is not rocket surgery, I cannot get the homelink in the car to work with the Genie opener.
I have gone as far as replacing the intellicode logic board in the Genie head unit as recommended by Genie. I can program my remotes no problem, just the blessed homelink in the car will not. I have followed every conceivable step for programming these stupid things, even been on the phone to homelink tech support and they are even more confused.

Please someone give me an idea.
Do they even work?????

BTW I'm a software engineer, programming homelink should not be a challenge.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 PM

Mystery solved.
I had to dig out the original old remote for the garage door and feed it a fresh battery. I had bought new remotes since the old one was tattered, but these apparently do not work with homelink.
So with the original remote I followed the procedure with a small exception, after pressing the learn button on the head I pressed the homelink button for about a second until the garage door opener activated. The press and hold for 2-3 seconds did not work.
Note that you need to hold the homelink button for a couple of seconds before the door opens or closes, a quick push does not work.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:48 PM

I always thought that feature was pointless.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Default Program a Homelink Garage Door Opener

<li class="step " style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">

Enter your vehicle with your garage remote and press and hold the two outer buttons on your vehicle's HomeLink system.Release the two buttons once the LED light on the system begins blinking. Hope that will help