Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to program a NEW key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Just noticed the two fobs have different numbers at the back. One ends in AA and the other AB

Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 PM

Maybe AB is an upgraded version?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM

Well I thought I'd give the key fob remote a go! But it would seem that it can't be done unless you have a panic button on it and another key with a transponder! I will continue to search the web... HELP

Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Update

The '6 conductive tracked membrane' I mentioned in #7 along with the corresponding rubber buttons can be seen here. The membrane on its own is here. Here's a different shaped one for a Jeep. All Chrysler remotes 2/3/4/5/6 Button FCC ID:OHT692427AA work on 315mhz. Other 'panic button' related FOBS are here.

NOTE : This Chinese site calls it a plastic sheet, you can see the conductive tracking between the microswitch nodes.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:11 AM

hi guys
what can we do if there is no chime, my GVoyager 2006 does not chime at all, tried programming keys, programming fob, disabling the seat belt warning, nothing no chime for me, what could it be?
i really do not want to go to a dealer here in france they do not have very knowledge and start putting pieces that are not needed.
big bill to pay fo something that could be easy to do

Old 11-16-2014, 07:04 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by estrika
hi guys
what can we do if there is no chime, my GVoyager 2006 does not chime at all, tried programming keys, programming fob, disabling the seat belt warning, nothing no chime for me, what could it be?
i really do not want to go to a dealer here in france they do not have very knowledge and start putting pieces that are not needed.
big bill to pay fo something that could be easy to do
This is a bit of a mare for us on here! I bought a brnd new UK fob in the hope that I could get it programmed from the original fob so we have a spare! But I can'tget anywhere with it. Looks like a main dealer option to get it coded in the UK! Which mens stupid money

Old 11-16-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by estrika
hi guys
i really do not want to go to a dealer here in France they do not have very knowledge and start putting pieces that are not needed.
big bill to pay for something that could be easy to do
- if the cars brain has been programmed with a country code - and it has !
- then the 'disallowed' customer preference can not be re-programmed from the FOB
- so telling the alarm to 'bleep' or seatbelt to 'chime' is only allowed if its allowable under the country code
- the country code can be re-set to any on of the 11 [I think] anytime, but you need a capable scanner to do that

Hope this helps your understanding.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:58 AM

at least someone with explanation for this
thanks qinteq
for what i understand when the car is programmed with certain country codes programming mode is off?
only solution is to go to a chrysler dealer and demand to remove the country code? (money to be spend)
the same happens when programming new transponder keys, i presume its the same problem.
do you know european countrys that have programming enabled?
this GV was bought in italy, is now in france, france country code enables programming?
again thanks for your help, for a couple weeks that i try to find a answer for my problem and only today i got it.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:24 AM

Richard [tfb] on this forum and other England-UK based members have capable scanners that can easily switch on and off country codes and customer preferences. What you first need to know is which European countries have which preferences enabled by default.

Take for one example the 'beep on lock & unlock', this used to be a standard default in the UK and 99.9% of vehicles had it. At some point in the distant past the Euro government invented a law banning alarm beeps [noise pollution] on activation and de activation of the alarm feature on European imported vehicles, my understanding of the current laws is that the arm and disarm indication beeps is strictly forbidden in all EU countries.

What you would need to do is find out which countries did [for your car build year software version] allow 'beep on lock & unlock' and change the country code to that country, so for example if the US did allow 'beep on lock & unlock' you would use a capable scanner to change the country code to US then change the US miles to kilometres on the overhead display preferences. Your first question is - is it really worth all that trouble. Most indi garages here will do this change country protocol for £30UKP, ask your local indi's what they charge, tell them first its in the BCM section of the scanner, then under customer preferences.

Best of luck my friend.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:45 PM

regarding country preferences enabled i cannot find anything related, i know my first GV bought in france had programming enabled because i programmed 2 more keys for it like i want to do with this (i have a problem with keys lost them easily) when i buy a car or moto i make always copies of it, to have always 2 keys programmed so that i can program the others, anyway i thought in buying a key copier machine less expensive but some needs pin witch i do not have to program keys and i cannot get good info regarding one key programmer that can grab the pin for my car.
regarding drb 3 scanners i know only 2 starscan used by chrysler and expensive as hell and witech for about 500 euros, i know both permits changing country stuff and costumer related but its 500 euros to use in my car, if it was for french cars i have the machine, i have clients with those kind of cars and make money of the machine but for chrysler i am pretty sure that only user of machine will be me.
do you have better solutions?

Quick Reply: How to program a NEW key fob?