Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Issues with ABS light and Airbag Light

Old 11-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Default Issues with ABS light and Airbag Light

Hi all,

Its seems my grand voyager 2.8 Limited XS (06) had developed to faults.

The front of the car was damaged when parked as someone went into it and the bumper was damaged along with the aircon condensor. these where both replaced. However the floor plate/drip tray under the engine was completly damaged and has not been replaced.

Now i have noticed that when i was driving in wet conditions the ABS light and the Airbag light would come on and stay on. Then when it was dry again these would go off. However over the past 3 weeks both these lights are staying on. I wonder if any of you had any suggestions regarding this issue ?

Regards

John

Old 11-28-2015, 02:19 AM
tfb

A scan will tell you what the codes are and where to look for the faults, but a quick, no cost exercise would be to clean the ABS sensors and rings with an old toothbrush and check the connectors are watertight.
Not too sure about the SRS light, would have to scan for that

Regards
Richard

Old 11-28-2015, 04:07 AM

Yep, unfortunately a scan will be the only sure way for the SRS Airbag light. However, something I did discover when I had similar issues was that upon ignition turn-on it did a full self check, so unlike the engine management light which doesn't normally go off even after the fault is found, the airbag light will indeed go out when you fix the fault.

Handy to know when you're trying to diagnose, but it does sound like water getting into the sensors causing them to trigger.
Unsure though if the two can be linked, I wonder if one of the crash impact sensors right at the front was damaged (or the cable more likely) and letting water in.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone, I am getting my breakpads sorted this week so will get the abs looked at. When it was in for repair I asked them to check everything and they said it was all ok. So I think it does have something to do with the floor tray being missing

Old 12-03-2015, 05:09 AM

I am trying to locate the part for underneath the engine that protects. Does anyone have an idea what this is called and where I could get it ?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
tfb

main dealer or scrap yard. Can't find a part number but I'd call it the under engine tray

Regards
Richard

Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Thanks i have got a local Chrysler breakers looking out for one for me and regarding the ABS i had new front brake pads fitted this morning and mechanic cleaned the rings which where rusty and that has solved the ABS light issue. So now just the Airbag sensor. which is being looked at on Monday

Old 12-03-2015, 04:59 PM

I have just found this on ebay. i have messaged the seller but wondered if any of you think it will fit CHRYSLER VOYAGER MK3 III 01-07 2,5 2,8 UNDERTRAY UNDER ENGINE COVER 3PCS SET NEW | eBay

Old 12-04-2015, 02:47 PM
tfb

it should do

Richard

Old 12-07-2015, 12:44 PM

Thanks Richard, I will get this ordered. I also have an update on the ABS and SRS light. front brake pads changed and some cleaning of the ABS rings resolved the abs light which is good news. With regards to the Air bag issue i had diagnosis done today and the results where: Air-bag deployment nearside front (passenger) has failed. Am i correct in thinking to replace the sensor as the first port of call ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Issues with ABS light and Airbag Light