Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased 2009 T&C and have major brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Default Just purchased 2009 T&C and have major brake issues

Hi everyone, my wife and I just purchased this 2009 for many many reasons, but bottom line is we are having brake issues after just 3 days of ownership. During our test drive, I did not experience the vibration as it was all highway driving and I easily applied the brakes on the off ramp, but on the drive home from the dealership we had to brake because someone cut us off and I instantly felt shaking in the steering wheel. The very next day we were going on a road trip that was well over 500 miles. On that road trip we were going through the smokie mountains of N.C. and on the decent out of the mountains under normal braking, it started to sound like grinding and the steering wheel was shaking pretty bad. It almost felt like the rotors were going to pop right off.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM

Anyways, I am really concerned that I might have just purchased a vehicle that is going to be giving me constant headaches. After experiencing these issues, I started doing an extensive search on this make and model and it seems that these brake issues are a common theme amongst all the 09 T&C owners. Any suggestions? Has anyone found any aftermarket rotors out there that are trouble free?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Without knowing the VIN number I am unable to determine the In-Service Date for your vehicle however there has been a warranty extension for front brake pads & rotors on the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country.

The Basic Limited Warranty for wear items such as brake pads & rotors applicable to your vehicle covers the cost of parts and labor necessary to repair braking components that fail due to a defect in materials, workmanship or factory preparation within the 12 months period following your vehicle’s in service date or until there are 12,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first.

Chrysler is offering an extension to the terms of the Basic Limited Warranty for the purpose of enhancing your overall experience as a Chrysler customer.

The problem is...
The front brakes on your vehicle may need pads and rotors replaced earlier than expected. The brake performance is not affected in any way by this issue.

What your dealer will do...
Should the front brake components on your vehicle need to be replaced due to a defect in materials, workmanship or factory preparation after the expiration of 12 months or 12,000 miles but before 24 months or 24,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first, Chrysler will pay for the cost of parts and labor necessary to replace them less a $50 deductible.

Furthermore, should the front brake components on your vehicle need to be replaced due to a defect in materials, workmanship or factory preparation after the expiration of 24 months or 24,000 miles on the odometer but before 36 months or 36,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first, Chrysler will pay for the cost of parts and labor necessary to replace them less a $100 deductible.

What you must do...
Simply contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment, if you feel that your front brakes are in need of replacement. You may reference the Campaign number X25 - 2009 Minivans / Front Brakes Limited Warranty Extension

If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact 1-800 Chrysler (247-9753).

If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, please send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement less the applicable deductible:

Chrysler Customer Assistance
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004
Attention: Reimbursement

I hope this information may help with your concern.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Problem is, I bought this car with 36,400 miles on it. So it looks like I don't qualify under those limits.