Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

My blower resistor blows out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Default My blower resistor blows out.

I just found out that my blower resisitor blow out,because my First one was not working and I was only getting heat on the 4th speed. I just bought me a new resistor yesterday from the dealership for $35 and It only lasted for one day and it's still gone like my first resisitor. I am back to square one. help thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Replace the blower motor.......The most common cause of resistor failure is excessive current draw from a "Dragging" motor.

It isnt quite enough to pop a fuse, but more than enough to cook a resistor block in a matter of a few hours.

#2, and this is critical.....look carefully at the block connector.....ANY SIGN OF DARKENED OR BURNT TERMINALS is reason enough for connector replacement.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM

I am wondering If I should try to check the connector harness wires on the blower motor and the blower It self. I am also wondering where and what does the block look like do you have any pics of what we are talking about here thanks.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM

You didnt specify a year...so Here goes

Either ..fold down the glove box door and find the twisted pair of black and green wires....the green will go directly to the resistor...it should be obviously visible in the cutout for the glovebox door.

OR...

Remove the wiper cowl and look in the drain channel. Pull it towards you slightly, then reach around it and disengage the spring clips to remove it.

It is unlikely that the connector on the motor is damaged, because the excess current will burn thru the weakest link in the chain FIRST...which would be the resistor windings......

** Umm.....Just thinking for a moment....There is No Connector at the blower motor.......Its "HARDWIRED" into the housing. ** Which is the Black and green twisted pair I referred to.