Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

My instruments are doing self-test every day

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Default My instruments are doing self-test every day

Hello
When I after running and turn off the engine of my Chrysler Voyager crd / se. 2005, and after a while it will run again so as soon as I put the key in the ignition lock so do the instruments self-test every time and it is only now here where it's cold. It's annoying because you can not see some lights (preheater, etc.) before they made the test 2 times and then all the lights in the instrument works.
Is there anyone who can help it would be great.
Thanks in advance
Kai

There is one who has the answer can not open the reply mail?

Old 02-28-2014, 03:04 AM
tfb

most likely cause is battery or battery connections or earth connections. Get your battery tested first.

Regards
Richard

Old 02-28-2014, 08:04 AM

Hi Richard
First, thanks for your reply but:

I got tested my battery yesterday and the test showed that there was nothing wrong with the battery it is a Varta Blue E 11 74012068 74 AH - 12 V 680 A (EN) sitting in the car. Believe it showed 69 AH in testing. It is that they are not doing the test in the morning but only when I have to go home to after work seven hours later. They make self-test 2x and they do every time.
Why does not it when you start the morning after Webasto boiler has been started it is brand new and self-test, we created before it was boiler Webasto udskiftet.Så is there anyone who knows why and what may have. Have performed a calibration of the instruments and showed no errors strange car??????
Excuse translation hope you can understand the problem
Regards
Kai

Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
tfb

I'm afraid that battery is a bit undersized for the diesel.

I would suggest before you spend out on a new battery, borrow a battery from a friend or a neighbour and try connecting with your existing battery with jump leads and see if the problem still happens.

The diagrams for the power to the instrument cluster can be found here

http://1drv.ms/1c7pXkU

You need to zoom in to 6400% in acrobat to see them, sorry!

Drawing Image-rs704002 shows the power details. If the power and ground are steady then the only thing it can be is the instrument cluster itself

Regards
Richard

Old 02-28-2014, 02:28 PM

Hi Richard
Well thanks for the help and I'll let my mechanic look at what you have written and he must try to see if he can find fejlen.Bare strange that it only happens the second time I start the car up. I have printed out the diagram so he can see it.
But thanks for the help and otherwise I have to get on another instrument cluster to the car. You know it's hard to replace it and where to find one for reasonable money?

Regards
Kai

Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Interesting, I have noticed a couple times, No reason I can figure my gauges have done same thing, it was also when it was colder outside. They did 2 in a 3 day period but nothing like it sense it has warmed back up. am curious to hear what you found out.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:47 AM

Hello
I'll report back what you find out af.Det until redirected done is to mekanikkeren have deleted all self-taught error in the instruments from a test .. It was Monday and Tuesday made ​​the same self-test again but the following days He also found a Faulty in MASS AIR FLOW so I've ordered a new bulk insert for 69 - eur from Spain. In Denmark you can only get a full 340 pounds then we will see if that helps. But to write what it ends up.

Kai

Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 AM

Hello
I have written before but can not find the error
I have a big problem with my Chrysler Voyager 2.8 cdr.se year 2005. Instruments do still self-test and I put a new / used instrument and checked the battery and it is fully charged. I thought that if I put another instrument would fault been solved but but it was not.
If no one is here to help / make a suggestion about what may have with the car? It's so annoying!!
When the error occurs doing the self-test 2 times location run back and forth 2 times before you have a picture of some of the reporting lamps and even if you take the key out should the self-test is done 2 times and it is every time the error occurs.
So who knows what may have?
Regards
Kai

Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 AM

Cluster test and reset here. Did you ever do and eliminate the battery by replacing it before going on to the PCi BUS tests as tfb suggested ?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:50 AM

Hi I have tried everything: Taken from the battery - made ​​the test you refer to - replaced instumenterne to another and the same error occurs after a while. So I thought it odd so I think there is a mistake somewhere else for example. PCi BUS or somewhere else entirely. Hope that you might have an idea of ​​where to look for such a silly mistake which is so annoying to have.
Do you want to come back with a suggestion of what to do?

Regards

Kai

Quick Reply: My instruments are doing self-test every day