Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

new to the forum and some questions already

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Default new to the forum and some questions already

Hi everyone - I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 Grand Voyager for two weeks and have some questions [sm=helpout.gif] as I'm beginning toget to grips with it now.

1. Once the engine gets to operating temperature the temp gauge doesn't register at exactly halfway. I know this may sound a bit picky but I like to see it there . Does everyone elses gauge get to exactly half way when at operating temp or is it like mine (below halfway)?
2. Onceat operating temperaturethe engine revs seem to drop very very slightly every 20-30 secs and then pull themselves up. I'm assuming this is probably the engine fan cutting in or could it be the a/c compressor, or is it a fault?
3. The climate control - following the instructions in the manual I have to set hi/lo first and then select the desired temperature. However when I do this the dial that distributes the air settings switches from the position I want it from. (I want to have the air at face and screen but it switches immediately to the point between this setting and the one for the feet - so it's not at one setting or the other but in between. Is it supposed to do this?
4. I've programmed the doors to self lock when setting off but can't get them to self-unlock when parking or switching off. Anyone know how to do it?

The model isthe diesel CRD 2.8LX and I'm in England so I don't know if any of the above would be any differentfrom the US market.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new to the forum and some questions already

its not a real temp dont worry about it its only there for your visual pleasure. Do u have the AC on or defrost on when this is doing this?? then yes the clutch for the AC compressor comes on when the ac is or or defrost. The auto setting for the Climate control is just what it says AUTO. The setting u have it set to aka the temp the controler will use the infra red sensor right above the ***** will check the air around the cabin and make adj to the settings air flow,direction,temp just to make it with in the temp u have it set for. SO yes it will move all around the place and cold air some times and hot air some times as well nothing to worry about working good.The door locks well cant tell ya never been done b4 dont think there is a auto unlock sorry.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Default RE: new to the forum and some questions already

Hi Grandfan, I have the 2003 Voyager and my temp guage never gets to halfway even in summer, always a little below, at this time of year even lower.