Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

No CEL Lamp

Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Default No CEL Lamp

Hello all

I new to this forum as I recently purchased a 2005 T&C Touring for my girlfriend. She loves it and so much better then her old Jeep Cherokee.

Well here is my problem, we went for inspection and it failed right away because the CEL will not illuminate (no check engine light, failed ODB test). Now looking at it, the CEL does not come on during the bulb check when you first turn on the key either.
So I think it is just a bulb, I pulled the cluster out grabbed my pack of PC74 bulbs i just bought, however there are no PC74's for the warning lights, they are some little filament deals attached to the computer board.

Are these serviceable? do I really have to replace/repair the cluster? could it be ECU related and not the cluster?

Have tried a lot of searching, and there is very little info on this problem, only found two threads and there wasn't any follow up as to a solution. So I thought maybe someone could off some advice here, I am at a loss

I can communicate with the ODBII system via my scan tools (no codes), and I have done the key dance (no codes). checked all fuses I thought might be suspect.

thanks in advance for any input on my issue

Old 05-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

dealer have bulb number?

Old 05-18-2015, 01:49 AM

Did you take a pic of the bulb/enclosure whilst you had it apart?
If its the bulb soldered straight on the board as you describe it sounds similar to the middle heated seat illumination, etc which aren't replaceable (well that's what Chrysler says).
If it were me, I'd try and power the cluster up connected to the car cable harness and use a meter to test it's getting voltage during key on. If so then I'd get the soldering iron out and take the bulb out, anything 12v would probably do, a red 12v would be ideal I'd have thought,solder that in (pay attention to polarity) and it should do the job. I've done this on a few of the boards in couple of chryslers now.

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 AM

they are small white squares with a LED in the middle non serviceable. l I removed the PCB from the cluster to test the connections, & as soon as I looked at the back of the PCB I knew it was toast. Full of small spider cracks, one right though the CEL connections. So I have ordered a replacement PCB. will try to post the pics this evening I took

Old 05-21-2015, 10:00 AM

so,
DS108 is the CEL;
DS115 is High Beams;
DS109 is OIL

Rear CEL circled

Old 05-26-2015, 10:05 AM

So this weekend the new cluster from Ebay arrived, swapped in the new board and the CEL is alive and well, & so is the TPMS too apparently (didn't know it wasn't working, lol)!!
Will see if it passes inspection today