Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No headlamps !

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Unhappy No headlamps !

Set off to work this morning IN my 2001 Chrysler Voyager 3.3l petrol auto
the side lights came on but no main beam, I have full beam (to flash with ) but no main beam.
can anyone help please?
I didn't think it would be a fuse as the full beam works but not main.
the only other issue i have with the lights (which I am putting up with) is when you switch the lights off they sometimes don't go off but need to be switched on then off again, which always works !
Steve (frizzby5)

Old 01-06-2014, 04:19 PM

There's no headlight fuses anyway. Probably the multifunction switch but could be the BCM or FCM or a just a poor connection. System uses the PCI data bus to communicate so a reset might do something for you. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes. Want the wiring diagram? Send me a private message and include an email address to send it to.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
There's no headlight fuses anyway. Probably the multifunction switch but could be the BCM or FCM or a just a poor connection. System uses the PCI data bus to communicate so a reset might do something for you. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes. Want the wiring diagram? Send me a private message and include an email address to send it to.
Thanks for the infor Raptor 07.
I drove to work this morning (with just side lights) and my wife then took the car on to her place of work, where I picked it up an hour later.

My wife had told me that has she parked up a pedestrian told her that the indicators were also not operating.

whenI located the car in the parking lot the first thing I did was operate the hazard warning lights (all working at that time) my next thought was maybe when the lights are on the indicators don't work so switched the lights on (still no headlamps!) but indicators were fine.

So I popped into a garage on the way home, he had a look and both headlamps had blown at the same time ! (I've never had this happen to me before and didn't think to check the bulbs!) I thought as the full beam worked they were the same bulb, but apparently not !

so replacement bulbs only cost me 20€.

maybe I ought to be a bit more investigative in future?

Once again thanks for the assistance.
Steve

Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Well hey, you had an easy fix. Wish they could all be easy.