Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

No Picture on flip down DVD screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Default No Picture on flip down DVD screen

Dear Members,

I've just bought a UK grand voyager 2006 (56 Plate) stow n go and internal roof rails.

It has a 6 disc DVD player and screen that flips down from the roof storage.

I'm put a DVD (disney movie) in the drive, I can hear sounds and its playing the film but no picture, lights or even static can be seen on the over head DVD screen.

My car was not supplied with a remote control so I've borrowed one from a friend who has an earlier (2004) model voyager (DVD and screen looks slightly different and only one DVD rather than 6) and the remote does not work in my voyager (perfect in his).

The questions that I have:-

1. Should the screen just come on when a dvd is loaded on a 2006 model?
2. Are the remotes different.
3. How could I check for a fault to the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jason

Old 04-02-2011, 04:02 AM

I can only say for my 2004 single DVD system, but

1. Yes, it should spring into life as soon as it sdetects a DVD in the drive
2. Probably, the one that came with my (2nd hand) car was an "Asda" replacement TV remote, but as bits of it work, I am not too fussed. Perhaps I will see if Mopar do a spare...God only knows how much it will cost :-(
3. Without a spare to replace it with, not entirely sure. If you peer *really* close, can you see any image at all, even a very dark suggestion of a picture or movement? - If so, I expect your backlight or inverter has failed, which (depending on the manufacturer of the panel) you might be able to get cheaper than replacing the whole unit, but I'm guessing here based on my so-called (LOL) 'professional experience' in LCD engineering.

Cheers

GL.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM

hi just posted with the same dvd problem did you get it to work or did you have to replace it? I have 3 very sad children!!!! wanted dvd player with mums new car!

Thanks Audrey

Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 AM

i looked on ebay last night, and there was loads of screens, remotes and dvd players. There is a breakers in bradford, that has all what you may need...

Old 07-31-2011, 04:07 PM

It sounds like your DVD player is working fine If you can hear the sound.

From what I gather tou need the remote to turn on the screen (bit shortsighted not having a manual button too) , your best bet is to get one of the cheap learning remote controls. Then either go to a showroom with a 6 disc dvd (not the 2008 and on models) or someone locally selling one and let the remote learn all the buttons.

A wild stab in the dark but using a sky remote to just turn the screen on and off might work as it can be programmed to change it's signal for different tv's. Hopefully the code will be the same as one of the hundreds on there.

Also If you have the sat nav the 5 cd's are very easy to copy. You don't need any copying software. Just copy the few files straight over to a blank cd making sure it's named the same as the original. I can confirm this works as the local Chrysler showroom just ordered the latest version for me and I didn't want to keep the original in the car.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Default Possible Answer to why the screen does not switch on

Dear All,

I purchased a 2006 (UK) Grand voyager aroun 4 months ago and had the same problem sound but no picture. I borrowed a friends remote from a 2007 model and it switched on when you press the power button on the remote and will require this everytime you start your car. Here is a link to an ebay sale were I purchased my remote which now works like a dream:

DODGE,CHRYSLER,JEEP DVD REMOTE CONTROLLER ---NEW--- - eBay (item 150547506229 end time Jul-10-11 18:02:26 PDT)

Regards

G

Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM

i hav a 53 voyager and i hav same problem sound but no picture,although the screen does light up white, it use to work but hadnt used it for a while then i had the battery disconnected and then it didnt work,does anyone know if its related