Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

NO REVERSE!! 3.3 litre Chrysler Grand Voyager Automatic Transsmission

Old 12-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Default NO REVERSE!! 3.3 litre Chrysler Grand Voyager Automatic Transsmission

I was reversing my 1999 3.3 litre Chrysler Grand Voyager up a steep inclined driveway when suddenly it lost transmission.
I immediately stopped the car and left it for a few hours thinking it had just overheated.
It drives forward with NO problems but later that same day when I came to park the vehicle it would not move in reverse gear????

What have I done to it and is there anywhere local to Sheffield that can fix it?
and how much is this likely to cost?

I have not checked the transmission fluid level but assume that if it still goes forward then that's not the issue

Any help/advise on this much appreciated.

thanks

Diezel

Old 12-21-2014, 09:36 AM

Please ignore the Sheffield part of the post!!! Can't find how to edit the post to remove that bit.

I have checked the level of transmission fluid and the dip stick shows it is not low on fluid!!!

Is it likely to be just a straight-forward linkage problem or faulty solenoid??? and if so, is this a easy repair?

Old 07-23-2023, 04:16 AM
Exclamation

Hi chap,

Did you ever resolve the problem?

I have a 2008 Grand Voyager 2.8. All forwards gears are absolutely sound and work/shift fine.

Soon as I go into reverse, the gear locates as it should absoultely no problem, then the revs will not pick up.. the vehicle sits there.. not reving almost trying not to die instead.... if i bump to neutral build the revs, then slide into reverse keeping revs built. It will then go, but if i ease off the throttle the revs die slowly down and the car will just sit again struggling to reverse and very very low revs, even flat to the floor.. no revs!