Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

On off switch for c pillar sliding door switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Default On off switch for c pillar sliding door switch

According to some there is an on off switch/child lock for the c pillar switch for the sliding doors. Its meant to be on the overhead console. I cant find it. My switches both dont work

I saw the suggestion it could be off on here

Town & Country Sliding Door Pillar Buttons - Discussion on Topix

Old 07-22-2015, 02:08 AM
tfb

It's the button marked on/off in the picture attached

Regards
Richard

Attached Thumbnails On off switch for c pillar sliding door switch-voyageroverheadown.jpg  
Old 07-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tfb
It's the button marked on/off in the picture attached

Regards
Richard
This will be embarassing if it turns out to be that. I was looking for something else

Thanks Richard

Old 07-23-2015, 01:01 PM

There is a child lock switch on the rear of each sliding door but I think this only prevents the doors from being opened manually from the inside.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:03 PM

There is a child lock switch on the rear of each sliding door
- there are on my model Al, and they work !

3.20.1 from the Body Book

During an open cycle, multiple door activations (RKE, overhead console, B pillar) are ignored until the door reaches the full open position. However, during a close cycle, a 2nd door activation (RKE, overhead console, B pillar) will reverse the door to the full open position.

If the engine is cranked during a power open/close the PSD will pause then resume after engine cranking. In addition, if the vehicle is placed in gear during an open cycle, the PSD shall reverse direction and begin closing. If the vehicle is placed in gear during a closing cycle, the PSD shall continue closing until fully closed. If the inside or outside handle is activated during an open or close cycle, the PSD will become a full manual sliding door. The child lockout is mechanical only and has no effect on the B-pillar switch as it did in previous models.

3.20.3 SYSTEM INHIBITORS

1. Battery voltage too high or too low (above 16V, below 9.5V)
2. Vehicle in gear
3. Vehicle speed > 0 mph/km/h
4. O/H console lockout will inhibit the B pillar switches
5. Doors locked will inhibit all interior switches from opening (Overhead Console, B Pillar). A locked sliding door can be power closed

Old 07-23-2015, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- there are on my model Al, and they work !
The child lockout is mechanical only and has no effect on the B-pillar switch as it did in previous models.
That's what I said Q

Originally Posted by QinteQ
3.20.3 SYSTEM INHIBITORS

1. Battery voltage too high or too low (above 16V, below 9.5V)
2. Vehicle in gear
3. Vehicle speed > 0 mph/km/h

4. O/H console lockout will inhibit the B pillar switches
5. Doors locked will inhibit all interior switches from opening (Overhead Console, B Pillar). A locked sliding door can be power closed
Item 4 is I think what darkcild101 is referring to.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:10 PM

That's what I said Q
- I agree Al
- his is an 01, I've no idea if his is mechanical only and does not form part of the RKE or not
- I'm waiting to see if he goes out and has a look for the mechanical switch, not just the software controlled one

Old 07-24-2015, 03:01 AM

So as Richard said, the overhead switch inhibits opening using the button on the B/C pillar and the switches on the back of each sliding door prevent that door being opened manually from inside the vehicle

Old 07-24-2015, 08:54 AM

The switches definitely arent working even with overhead console on/off it made no difference

How could Chrysler get the electrics so wrong on these cars

Old 07-28-2015, 02:16 PM

Ok, its down to the usual diagnostics then if it's not looking like switched out, or the conditions the fellas have already mentioned.
Do the electric doors work at all, from keyfob, from overhead buttons or from pillar buttons?
If not from any of them and this is the case for both doors (and power boot?) I'd suspect the fuse has blown, so take a look (right hand side black box inside bonnet as you face the back), the key for fuses and relays are on the lid. Check fuse and relay as if all those aren't functioning that'd be my bet over other things first.
But, that said fuse may have blown for a reason, ceased up motors or a short in the cable harness in the sliding doors is the next best bet.
Process of elimination now and a bit of logical thinking you can probably get them running again no bother.

Let us know how you get on

Quick Reply: On off switch for c pillar sliding door switch