Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Old subject but new for me Idle issue after repairs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 08:27 PM
Default Old subject but new for me Idle issue after repairs.

2002 Town and Country 3.3l. Plugs and wires and injectors needed replacement, new pcv new map sensor and iat sensor, new gaskets for plenum and valve covers as they leaked badly. The idle was fine before repairs. But now there's a lack of power and the idle goes up and takes too long to come down. And sits around 1800 rpm it doesn't idle down to normal. No codes. Rechecked all vacuum lines I made contact with. My guess is the plenum. I did Torque to spec. Rechecked connections and hoses. So I am.at a loss. Or possibly the iac malfunctioned. Right now I am.giessing and don't want to do it anymore as it's very cold out with no garage. My only 2 pics is before and after injectors replaced. 4 of the 6 were leaking badly creating a flooded condition so no fuel.pressure unless u toggle the key fast then start.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

spray brake cleaner around the intake see if the rpm jumps if the idle is high there is likely a vacuum leak .

Old 01-27-2024, 12:30 AM
Default Solved but no idea what the cause wa

I did a prayer test with brake fluid and throttle cleaner. Neither changed the rpms regardless of where I sprayed. So assuming no vacuum leak. Next I disassemble the plenum and inspected and found nothing wrong check throttle body and iac and check voltage all was good. Check iac/iat sensor and was good. Inspected hoses for cracks. Check plugs and coil pack. Found Bank 1 sensor 1 o2 heated sensor the heating element is dead. But no code. So put back together and was going to give up. And reassembled. Started up and bam the idle came down right away. So I'm stumped. I torqued to specs both times and reassembled and I took pics as I took it apart so no idea. But I have a cranks no start condition. If I toggle the key from off to on 5 times fast and let the pump do its thing each time it will start 1 or 2 cranks no problem. If I try any less it will crank no start. So now I have a possible fuel pressure issue or was that the issue all along. Still stumped. Now I have to test the regulator and hope it's not the pump or clogged filter. Because dropping a tank in winter is not going to be fun.