Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Passenger Sliding Door will not unlock

Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Default Passenger Sliding Door will not unlock

The passenger sliding door (manual not automatic) will not unlock or open. I cannot pull the lock up manually and the outside door handle moves freely and so does the inside one. I removed the door panel inside the car and tried to push the linkage that unlocks the car manually, no luck. I think the culprit is the locking mechanism the linkage attaches to. I cannot seen to figure out how to remove this part. Any insight would be appreciated. Any other reason why I would not be able to open the door manually?? HELP!
FYI - the power door locks operate fine on all the rest of doors.

Thanks,
Dennis

Old 10-20-2012, 06:41 PM

I have the reverse of your problem...my sliding door won't lock when open; it opens normally but immediately closes by itself. I almost beheaded myself once when I was leaning over as the door opened. It always wants to close; if I manually open it and am parked downhill, it will try to close by gravity. My dealership sprayed some WD40 on the latch and said it would come around---it hasn't. I cant even see the latch which would help. I need a sliding door bottom release latch expert for my 2002 T&A Limited.