Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

passenger sliding door will no close

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Default passenger sliding door will no close

I have a 2010 town and country. it currently has 58k. the issue I have is that when I go to close the door by pushing a button it will reopen. my three year old sits in that seat. we will have to hit the button several times to get it to close. he will constantly say dad door open.
one time when it first started to do it I drove with the door open. not even thinking to look. who would even think of looking. I went to take it the dealer and they wanted me to pay 100 just to look at it. I don't really have the money to give for someone to tell that I have a problem. I already know that.
it looks as if it might be off alignment. there is a mark on the bottom molding in the front of the door frame. also if I put slight upward pressure on the door it will close without incident.
question is since this is a safety issue should I need to pay to have this fixed? can the door be adjusted?
thank you

Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 PM

That $100 should include scanning the system checking for fault codes that will narrow down the possible culprit. Other than that there's several service bulletins concerning sliding door malfunctions. They may know exactly what to look for.

Power sliding doors have an electrical harness at the bottom of the door that moves back and forth in a cavity as the door moves. This movement often damages the wires in the harness. Might be worth a look. Here's what it looks like and how to replace it: