Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PING tfb

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Default PING tfb

Richie, a M8 wants to decommission his SNAP-ON Solus Ultra and invest in a new do anything scanner that doesn't cost a years spare cash for software upgrades. Do you want to share your thoughts on the one your using ?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:24 AM
tfb

Overall, I've been very impressed with the Launch X431.

there are now several different variants available from launch, the software is all the same so it's just really the housing that changes. The only thing I've found so far that I cant read was an old 97 Vauxhall

I've got one of the Chinese "grey" imports. This means I don't get regular updates, but can update it about once a year and of course there is no tech support from Launch. The upside is the price difference.

Regards
Richard

Old 05-09-2014, 08:35 AM

Thanks for that, yes it was the grey product I was looking for. I noticed some while back the usual auction house VeRO'd the X431 clone and the very cheap 'blue box' version is zero use unless you speak & read mandarin. Still it remains the truth that the clone is as effective and the X431 GX3 Master is cheapo from the baba site.

Your advice is reassuring, thanks. Ordinarily I never use PM's, if I need any further info on this subject I'll make contact direct via PM's if that's ok with you ?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:55 PM
tfb

no probs, just dont be offended if I don't respond for a while...I often don't spot the PM notifications!

Regards
Richard

Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 PM

Yes I know the Linux is out and the Android is in, but I bought a new [full] legit LAUNCH X431 Diagun from a UK SELLER tonight with SOFTWARE VERSION: 02.2014 and the usual FREE 2 YEAR UPDATES. I bought it for myself, personal use - not the M8 I mentioned. Thanks for your help Rich !

Old 05-18-2014, 01:51 PM
tfb

it's a damn good tool, have fun with it!

Regards
Richard

Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by tfb
it's a damn good tool, have fun with it!

Regards
Richard
Ta mate. Change of plan I bought the grey with the usual proviso's for cheap money, it was just too good to resist at half the rate[ish]. A M8 of mine just last week PX'd his Strap-on MODIS Ultra and a boot load of retarded personality keys for a brand new VERUS PRO from the credit-on-the-truck stealer - not impressed because he's now in hock for a~n~other decade or so. Do you know if we can get registered on the Launch site with our 9805 xxxx xxxx serial №'s ?

Last edited by QinteQ; 05-22-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: EDIT - I've put my phone in the PM's
Old 05-24-2014, 02:20 AM
tfb

Nope, you wont be able to register it. That is the only downside with grey imports.

The lack of regular updates is not that important unless you work on a very wide range of vehicles and/or new cars, but it's the tech support that I miss the most.

Regards
Richard

Old 05-24-2014, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by tfb
Nope, you wont be able to register it. That is the only downside with grey imports.

The lack of regular updates is not that important unless you work on a very wide range of vehicles and/or new cars, but it's the tech support that I miss the most.

Regards
Richard
Its the learning .. .. and the need for a forum to learn from .. .. I'm looking for. I never expected tech support or any kind of updates. I've read around and the word is they are not closing these serial numbers down till Dec this year on their own site. Example saving a vehicle data and printing it out with no net connection etc without buying their crappy printer. I had secondry tech help and the internet on my cheepo Autel years ago. All in all [early days] its an excellent bit of kit at the price and I'm more than well impressed. There's only one forum in the UK, and its robbery at £20 to join, it only has 3 contributors and a dozen posts - a rip off.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:57 AM
tfb

Certainly don't bother with the durham diagnostics forum...it's pants, even if it was free it would be pants.

There is this one LAUNCH Forum

To print data (working from memory here) you have to remove the SD card and plug it into your PC and then the saved files are available. I can't remember what format they are or the location and I can't find a USB micro SD adapter at the moment to check for you.

Regards
Richard