Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Voyager Headlights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Question Poor Voyager Headlights!!!

Hi everybody.....I have a W reg(2000) Grand Voyager with RUBBISH headlights!!...I have fitted zenon gas headlight bulbs to try and get more light but they seem to have made little difference.The lights look really bright when you stand in front of the car and look at them,yet when driving at night they throw out hardly any light on the road ahead.I have noticed that the lenses are plastic and do look as if they have suffered some heat damage in the form of crazing/misting to the inside of the lense over the years but am not sure if this could be the cause of the problem?Also,i just had to fit a new headlight plug as one of the terminals had melted.could this be a clue to the problem or are the headlights on this model just not very good?they are quite small!!...Any help would be much appreciated if anybody has any ideas as new headlight units are £179.00 EACH and i don't want to go down that route if there maybe another answer.
Cheers,Roger...

Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Sounds like they need to be sanded down and polished up.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM

We had a similar problem with melting connectors, so I bought a repalcement loom as I was also not getting much voltage at the connector - about 10v!

I got off ebay a headlight loom for a VW T4 van, add a direct feed and earth off your battery, plug one existing headlight conenctor into the loom and Bob is your mother's brother! 12v at the bulb made a great improvement to the light output.

HTH

Steve

Old 12-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Thanks Steve.....sonds like that might be worth trying before replacing the headlights.

Cheers,Roger.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Hi....is that possible/easy to do?not sure if the lenses are removable or a one piece sealed unit?

Cheers,Roger.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Hello Steve....I have found the T4 loom on ebay and am going to purchase it and have a go at fitting it.It comes with fitting instructions for a V.W,so was wondering if you could tell me how to identify the lighting wire in my original loom in order to connect the new loom to the headlight circuit.Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Best regards,

Roger..

Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by dodger0129
Hello Steve....I have found the T4 loom on ebay and am going to purchase it and have a go at fitting it.It comes with fitting instructions for a V.W,so was wondering if you could tell me how to identify the lighting wire in my original loom in order to connect the new loom to the headlight circuit.Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Best regards,

Roger..
If it is the same as mine, there are two wires that go into one of the original bulb connectors - you need to identify which is the ground, main and dipped on the connector - try this

Just plug the connectors on the new loom into the original bulb holder, two wires to the battery (mine included fuses) and job done.

I took the feed from the nearside headlight, and all the wiring, relays & fuses sat between the BCM and the inner wing.

HTH

Steve

Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 PM

Cheers Steve....you're a star....that looks pretty straight forward(even for me!)....I'll get the loom ordered and have a go....let you know how i get on.

Thanks again,
Roger.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Smile polish headlights

Originally Posted by dodger0129
Cheers Steve....you're a star....that looks pretty straight forward(even for me!)....I'll get the loom ordered and have a go....let you know how i get on.

Thanks again,
Roger.
if you want polish yours headlight see this web site
http://forum.care4wheels.com/viewtop...hrysler#p11218

after this buy a HID xenon 6000k (pure white light) and you will see a perfect and strong light.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:30 AM

In all honesty, All these suggestions will help, But there is nothing to REMEDY the situation completely. All the Caravan/Voyager/ T+C from that generation are plagued with this concern.......As mentioned earlier.....They are simply just too small....

Quick Reply: Poor Voyager Headlights!!!