Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Problem with Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:35 PM

It's in the only fuse box in the van, the IPM under the hood driver's side. May be labeled Memory/IOD. IOD stands for ignition off draw. Should be listed in your owners manual.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 04-02-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:15 PM

On my 05 the IOD fuse is a 20A fuse marked clearly with the letters IOD and is in the big black box under the bonnet which is called the Integrated Power Module [IPM] Find the IPM and turn the lid upside down they are all listed in the lid.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Found that, pulled it for 5+ minutes, reinstalled, mirror still not working.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:28 PM
WJB
Default 2011 T&C dimming mirror problems

My 2011 T&C rearview mirror dimming system works poorly or not at all. When headlamps appear in the mirror it takes 10 minutes or more for the mirrors to dim. And then the white lights only turn green, and don't dim the intensity. The rain sensing wipers also work only occasionally. And the high beam dimming system works only intermittently. Everything seems to be controlled by the same electronics package up behind the interior mirror. Sensors look both forward and backwards. All of these problems may be caused by a common fault.

The dealer seems convinced the problem is in software, and I have had all of the updates that apply to my vehicle. He says nothing can be done to solve the problem.

I think there might be some kind of hardware fault, i.e. a cold solder joint, corrosion in some contact somewhere, etc.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:30 PM

2011 Town & Country vehicles are equipped with an Ignition-Off Draw (IOD) fuse that is within the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM).

The term ignition-off draw identifies a normal condition where power is being drained from the battery with the ignition switch in the Off position. The IOD fuse feeds the memory and sleep mode functions for some of the electronic modules in the vehicle as well as various other accessories that require battery current when the ignition switch is in the OFF position, including the clock.

The IOD fuse can also be used by the vehicle owner as a convenient means of reducing battery depletion when a vehicle is to be stored for periods not to exceed about thirty days. However, it must be remembered that disconnecting the IOD fuse will not eliminate IOD, but only reduce this normal condition. If a vehicle will be stored for more than about thirty days, the battery negative cable should be disconnected to eliminate normal IOD; and, the battery should be tested and recharged at regular intervals during the vehicle storage period to prevent the battery from becoming discharged or damaged.

When removing or installing the IOD fuse, it is important that the ignition switch be in the Off position. Failure to place the ignition switch in the Off position can cause the radio display to become scrambled when the IOD fuse is installed. Removing and installing the IOD fuse again with the ignition switch in the Off position will usually correct the scrambled radio display condition.

To Remove the IOD fuse:
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position.
  2. Remove the cover from the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM).
  3. Pull on IOD fuse holder until it reaches the 1st detent.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 AM

On my UK spec 2003 grand voyager Its in the main fusebox under the bonnet also called the IPM its the yellow fuse on its own towards the front of the box.. its also marked....IOD it controls all the Ign circuits including the radio and alarm immobiliser.. i found this out when i accidentally blew the fuse one day and lost my radio code which has now been sorted

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 04-05-2014 at 09:07 AM.