Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Problem with Forum

Old 02-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Default Problem with Forum

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the forum using Firefox 35.0.1.

I can no longer use the 'quote' function and when replying to a thread I get the following dialogue box:

Attached Thumbnails Problem with Forum-chrysler-forum.jpg  
Old 02-13-2015, 06:17 AM

That's just the normal function of an 'illegal' command Al, everyone will get that if you / they don't use enough alphabetic characters. For example 3 characters no 12 characters yes. Try en experiment by writing a 10 or 12 character word and using the using the WRAP icon on the right of the icons above your 'reply box'. You can always edit it out later ...............

Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
That's just the normal function of an 'illegal' command Al, everyone will get that if you / they don't use enough alphabetic characters.
Thanks QinteQ but I have been entering well in excess of 12 characters but still was seeing the dialogue box and if I replied to a thread by using the "Quote" function, the dialogue box that usually contained the message that I was replying to was blank. No quote, no nothing.

However, I have been experiencing this problem for two days or more in Firefox (OK if I use Chrome) but since posting it as a problem it has mysteriously rectified itself.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:56 AM

The problem hasn't rectified itself. I just tried to reply to thread No. 6 in this https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...-lights-23908/ by Goggs but I get a blank dialogue box as so:

Attached Thumbnails Problem with Forum-quote-problem.jpg  
Old 02-13-2015, 11:20 AM

Then its likely an update of FF, or something nasty lurking in your 'cookie'. Somehow the >var< is not here or is not being >called< by FF. My suggestion would be to (1) fully clear all cookies or to (2) uninstall and reinstall FF, but to do this correctly you would need to delete the FF install SUB or the new install will pick up the old corrupted css file from the allocation addy written to the registry on your puter. You are not zoomed in to far are you you blind sod ?, if you are that can cause your browser to lose its 'frames' manifesting in exactly the problem you describe. If a recent update caused it, its l;likely that Mozilla will release a further update to correct it.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:03 PM

Then its likely an update of FF, or something nasty lurking in your 'cookie'. Somehow the >var< is not here or is not being >called< by FF. My suggestion would be to (1) fully clear all cookies or to (2) uninstall and reinstall FF, but to do this correctly you would need to delete the FF install SUB or the new install will pick up the old corrupted css file from the allocation addy written to the registry on your puter. You are not zoomed in to far are you you blind sod ?, if you are that can cause your browser to lose its 'frames' manifesting in exactly the problem you describe. If a recent update caused it, its l;likely that Mozilla will release a further update to correct it.
I should have explained that I can use the 'quote' function in other threads, it's that particular one of Goggsy's that is causing the problems (he is a bit of a trouble maker). I don't remember which threads I had trouble with yesterday though.
I think it must be a Firefox problem because Chrome is working OK, it's just not my preferred browser. I have Firefox set to automatic updates (It's the only programme I allow auto updates on) so I don't know how recent my current version is.

I just discovered how to list Firefox updates and the version I'm on now was installed on 28th January. However, I have also discovered that using Firefox or Chrome if I select 'Go Advanced' then it screws everything up.

Last edited by AlanC; 02-13-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:54 PM

Clint Eastwood flew away in Firefox Alan that the problem. He's no longer in Russian air space.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM

I can use the 'quote' function in other threads, it's that particular one of Goggsy's that is causing the problems
In that case its none of the above if its # thread specific.

- when you said QUOTE I assumed the 'wrap' [within edit ] command
- when in fact you mean the QUOTE a previous thread aka [#] hash number, followed by your response
- in that case respond without using the black QUOTE button on the bottom RHS

BTW1 you are right about Goggsy - proper trouble maker - most off gridders are !
BTW2 If you are ever in GOD's end of NE Yorkshire I'll do a read and clear to see if I can shift your corrupt Chrysler codes.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Clint Eastwood flew away in Firefox Alan that the problem. He's no longer in Russian air space.
I wouldn't know Goggsy, that was way before my time

Old 02-14-2015, 04:55 AM

- when you said QUOTE I assumed the 'wrap' [within edit ] command
- when in fact you mean the QUOTE a previous thread aka [#] hash number, followed by your response
- in that case respond without using the black QUOTE button on the bottom RHS
In https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...-lights-23908/ I can use the quote button to reply to every thread apart from #6 and #9 which are both posted by Goggsy. But if I use Chrome then I can use the quote button for every thread!

BTW2 If you are ever in GOD's end of NE Yorkshire I'll do a read and clear to see if I can shift your corrupt Chrysler codes.
Thanks for the offer QinteQ, I only have one error code which is P0487 which I believe is EGR related. It can wait until the weather improves before I look into that. But yes, If I'm in your neck of the woods I'll call in for a cuppa. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem with Forum