Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Default Problems

Just had my T&C in for the "Check Engine" light on. Found that the Rear Evaporation Coil Line is causing the light to come on and also found that the Rear Heater line is deteriorating. First question is Where is the Rear Evaporation Coil Line? And are these parts purchasable from places than dealerships.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Default RE: Problems

The rear evaporative coil can be replaced by any car repair place that does air conditioning work.
The steel lines going to it may need replaced if they are leaking. The new pipes are aluminum.
The rear heater steel piping rotting out is a very common problem.
You can replace those with high quality heater hose if you are on a budget, you won't have any problems.
If you want metal pipes, you will have to take it to dealer because it is a unique item, the new replacement pipes are made out of aluminum. Expect a $500 repair bill.
The big problem is those items when they go bad do not cause the "check engine" light to come on.
I can only guess that antifreeze leaked out of the rotted heater line, and you drove the van with no antifreeze in it.
If the engine overheated and you kept driving, you probably ruined the engine.
You might as well junk the van and have your husband buy you a new van.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
moe

there is an on going recall for this problem on the caravan im not sure what year your is but call your dealer ship or check on line.let me know MOE!

Old 08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
moe

I did some more research for a 2005 caravan with a 3.3 and rear air of course the recall number is RC-F01-06.you should have been notified by mail.if not call your dodge dealership.to find out if applies to your ride............let me know MOE!