Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming 2010 key FOB

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Default Programming 2010 key FOB

OK , here's the story..I recently bought a used 2010 T&C and it only came with one FOB. Naturally I wanted another one. As you all know you need 2 working ones to program a 3rd one yourself. So I ordered 2 blank FOBs on Ebay and took one to a dealer for programming. $130 later I now had 2 working FOBs and a blank one all ready to be programmed by me. I followed the directions to program the third key. It didn't work so I kept trying. I might mention that when putting the second key in and turning it to the on position, I did get the chime after 10 seconds. I finally gave up on that FOB and thought that it was ruined since it may have been partially programmed (if that's possible) and couldn't be programmed any more. I bought yet another FOB on Ebay and this time wrote down every single little step and watched a Youtube video on how to do this on the exact same car.
This time I never got the Chime after the second key was in the on position even though 10 seconds went by. After several attempts I put the blank key in anyway and the red security light started flashing but nothing else happened. No chime, nothing.
My question is this.. Is there a limit to how many times you can put the ignition into the programming mode before it stops letting you program new FOBs? If so, is there a way to get around that limit? If not, then does anyone have any advice?