Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:20 PM

I don't know. I talked to a mechanic and he said it does not have an immobilizer module on it. Some one else said to try beating on the dash in case of a bad connection. I'm about to give up.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:06 PM

Keep in mind the bang the dash trick is not a sure fire "test" for bad solder joints. It could still be the problem even if nothing happens. If it is indeed the case you have the typical solder joint issue the fix is free and not that hard to do. Here's how:

This is all related to the CCD data bus circuit. It opens up or even has high resistance anywhere in the circuit and you get what you're seeing. Another trouble spot is the climate control panel connector. It melts opening the circuit. Yes it has an immobilizer. Just not a module dedicated to it. It's controlled by the BCM and PCM both modules on the CCD data bus. If you trigger it 4/5 times it prevents starting for a period of time.

PCM = powertrain control module
BCM = body control module
CCD = Chrysler collision detection (very misleading, it does far more)

Last edited by Raptor 07; 10-15-2014 at 04:18 PM.