Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Question on Batteries (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/question-batteries-16626/)

QinteQ 01-29-2012 06:33 AM

I would have liked an S6/AGM, but the terminals are the wrong way round and it just won't fit without 'moddin both the battery tray & the cables. If its good enough to be Factory-fitted to the Rolls-Royce Phantom, Bentley Continental GT, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz SL and Audi A8, the Bosch AGM can cope with extreme power outputs of up to 5000 watts - then its good enough for the Voyager.

The point being the S6/AGM with an additional years guarantee can be had delivered for less money than the S5 from Halfords .. .. but as I said not without 'moddin.

pestilance, if you put your reg in here, it tells you the terminal size / orientation for the S5 is correct for yours and mine Voyager.

rodger, I appreciate your input, I've priced up the EB741 and is my fall back position, its interesting to me that the terminals will reach, you see .. .. that's something no one would ever know for sure unless someone like your good self took the trouble to put it up on the internet to reassure others - thanks for that.

pestilance 02-17-2012 11:42 AM

well the bosch battery fitted like a glove,and yeah u have to put battery in other way around,but ur only talking moving the cables about 3cm,theres plenty of room,even with the tranny ecu it all fits in.

and never had a problem since.but some people take mini heart attacks when they look and see something aint right,instead of thinking maybe,they just freak.

unipart and bull batts are usless.

QinteQ 02-17-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by pestilance (Post 58856)
well the bosch battery fitted like a glove,and yeah u have to put battery in other way around,but ur only talking moving the cables about 3cm,theres plenty of room,even with the tranny ecu it all fits in.

and never had a problem since.but some people take mini heart attacks when they look and see something aint right,instead of thinking maybe,they just freak.

unipart and bull batts are usless.

HiYa Pestilance,

? You got a 315L x 175W x 175H Bosch [Short Code] S5010 into an 05 LWB RG Voyager without 'mullying' it in ? or are we talking different motors / and / or a different battery [ 315 long ] sizes ?

Photo of :

- HiRes of bits took / cut off and not replaced
- HiRes of zero space left after moddin' the ECM mounting plate and discarding the 1 + 1/2" SS shroud in previous pic
- HiRes of the modded ECM mounting plate and extended bold holes
- this is the actual battery sizes + spec just in case we are talkin different batteries

Putting a 315 into an 05RG 2.8CRD means that even with a good inch and a half out there is zero [not even a fag packet thickness] left both fore & aft and both battery cables are under compression as is the sound deadening on the firewall.

pestilance 02-18-2012 02:10 PM

i bought the hsb096
  • Startup Power: 780 Amps
  • AH Value: 77 AH
  • Bench Charge: 6 Amps
  • Weight: 18.65kg
  • Dimensions (LxDxH): 278x175x190mm
  • Guarantee: 5 Years

pestilance 02-18-2012 02:22 PM

https://img705.imageshack.us/img705/...oto0028rxm.jpg

QinteQ 02-18-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by pestilance (Post 58909)
i bought the hsb096
  • Startup Power: 780 Amps
  • AH Value: 77 AH
  • Bench Charge: 6 Amps
  • Weight: 18.65kg
  • Dimensions (LxDxH): 278x175x190mm
  • Guarantee: 5 Years

- that explains it then my mate, your 008 is 1.45 inches less than my 010
- I'll say to you pestilance, I wish I'd bought your version not mine :(
- I'll say to anyone else reading this, buy the one pestilance did and avoid the 'chew' :D

prabhakar 03-01-2016 03:31 PM

Powerful Car battery

I'm looking for a new car battery but can't decide between Optima and ACDelco...

I read a review of ACDelco here ACDelco 94RAGM Professional Automotive 94R Battery Reviews - Car Batteries Online- Up to 67% Discount on Car Batteries and also Optima 35 Optima 35 Red Top Car Battery Information & Reviews - Car Batteries Online- Up to 67% Discount on Car Batteries but which one will be best?

QinteQ 03-01-2016 04:47 PM

I assume you are spark-petrol .. .. here in the UK we are mainly compression-diesel and need a big CCA. We never see ACDelco over here any more but according to their 'sticker' its 800CCA with an aH rating of 80 so is in line with what we use for our big compression engines and cars with lots of hungry electrical toys. Make sure any new battery is nice and fresh and not more than a couple of months old. Be aware that the two batteries are miles apart in physical length size and may not fit your battery tray without 'moddin'.

Optima 35 is 10 x 6.9 x 7.8 inches and 730 / 44
ACDelco 94RAGM is 12.4 x 6.9 x 7.5 inches and 800 / 80

Note: there's a post on this site somewhere with megga battery info including the battery tray mod. Best of luck.

prabhakar 03-24-2016 03:47 PM

Car batteries Selection Guide

Hi, I was looking for a powerful battery for my car. Taken many car battery reviews at Car Batteries Online- Up to 67% Discount on Car Batteries - Providing Reviews and Discount Offers on Car Batteries Which brand should I go? Optima or ACDelco?