Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Default radiator suggestion

Hello. Been a while since last post. Need help. I'm in a pinch and need a radiator. Original radiator leaking (180K miles). I find no signs of leaks at hoses, water pump, over flow tank, etc. I just cant afford mopar (oem?) right now. Can someone suggest a economical alternative? Thank you

Old 08-21-2018, 09:39 AM

Have you checked out rockauto.com...I use them for 99% of all my stable of cars needs, prices are VERY GOOD and quality of parts has been good for me. Have bought a couple of radiators for my various rides thru them.
Also have you tracked out the source to really know it is the radiator? How about the lines from the front to rear heat under the van? Fluid dripping out from the HVAC box drain(heater core)? Any shop can "pressure test" the cooling system(puts pressure into the system by hand pump) IF there is a leak, it WILL show it by "squirting" the coolant at at the leak!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by REBEL59
Have you checked out rockauto.com...I use them for 99% of all my stable of cars needs, prices are VERY GOOD and quality of parts has been good for me. Have bought a couple of radiators for my various rides thru them.
Also have you tracked out the source to really know it is the radiator? How about the lines from the front to rear heat under the van? Fluid dripping out from the HVAC box drain(heater core)? Any shop can "pressure test" the cooling system(puts pressure into the system by hand pump) IF there is a leak, it WILL show it by "squirting" the coolant at at the leak!
yes sir i have used them. I was wondering about a brand recommendation. I feel certain the leak is the radiator. Pulled the fan shroud out and checked all over and around. Coolant coming from directly under the radiator.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:34 AM

Been a while now since I bought a radiator(knock on wood) thru them, nut I usually goo with a mid range priced unit. Everything is made overseas anyway, so I would assume that even an OEM would be the same! Makers name, for a unit is pretty much immaterial to me, As long as the specs are correct to vehicle application.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:19 PM

For Harley Rob.
In the old days when I didn't have much money to play with, I fixed a leaking radiator (the leak was in the core) by letting it dry out completely first, then fixing it with ordinary body filler. Mixed so it didn't go "off" too quickly, I pushed the filler right into the core and around where the leak was coming from firmly with an old kitchen knife with 20 degree bend in the blade. I used far more filler than really necessary and gave it overnight to set.
It worked -- and worked for several months until I sold the car. As a working guy in the 1970s, one had to be resourceful!
Leedsman.