Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Really Cheap

Old 11-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Default RE: Really Cheap

I am not wasting anyones time. If I convince one or two people not to go Chrysler then I have done my job.
This way they can be well informed before buying into the same junk I have bought. Chrysler needs to stand behind their
product. My van is two months old and has been in the shop three times already and waiting on parts for the
4th time. My best friend heard my grief and went with a Sienna. He is alot happier then me.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 AM

I'm 21 years old so I had the pleasure of growing up through the mini van craze women had (it's now SUVs that are the current craze). So I've sat in many, many mini vans throughout my time so far. I also worked at a automotive garage so I got to play with all types of cars, I got to play with their cool features, change oil on them, rotate tires and watch mechanics fix whats broken. From my experience Chrysler by far has put out the most tastful mini van so far. I own a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am, 1980 Camaro, 2006 Suzuki motorcycle, and I had a 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis as an everyday driver, that I replaced with a 2001 T&C Limited. I love the car. It's comfortable, has places to store stuff, cool features like built in garage door remotes, remote doors, awd. Friends love to pile in and make me drive where ever because of all these things. It's got class, practicality and comfort. Some things that I have learned. No other company makes a better all around mini van. All cars break stuff. Will I go out on a limb and say the T&C holds up better than any other mini van out there? Nope. I do think there are other companies that do have vans that will hold up a bit better, but Chrysler's overall quality (durability, looks, comfort, features) as a whole beat out the competition. I literally beat the crap out of my T&C like I do my sports cars and motorcycle. Foot is always too the floor away from traffic lights, I corner hard making the tires scream and let me tell you the car handles it all. It currently has 190,000 miles on it and is in prestine condition body and interior wise because I take care of it. When the motor finally takes a dump it's being ripped out replaced with a new one with a supercharger attached as long as I can make it work. Parts are bound to break on all vehicles, something we get over. And my van has a COIN HOLDER, it is in the storage compartment under the cup holders and ashtray, it sits on the left side and is removeable. Not sure if the new ones have it but I know for a fact my 01 does.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 AM

All manufacturers stand behind the products they put out....it's called warranty...and you're likely using yours so unless you plan to share the dirty details that no one likely will believe anyhow, give it up.

ORIGINAL: Rakr
Chrysler needs to stand behind their
product. My van is two months old and has been in the shop three times already and waiting on parts for the
4th time.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM

You folks must work for Chysler as as otherwise you would see the lack of quality
in the Town and Country. You seem to be taking it personally. I also owned a 2003
Odyssey. I think it was a much better product and the service I received in the two times it went into service was much better than Manfredi's (Chrysler) service. Its the little things - that are missing in the Chrysler why I would never pruchase again.

The door remotes do not work well. No locking gas caps, no storage under radio on dash (i.e. ash tray - not that I smoe but I could use the storage). It sucks down gas
way worse than advertised. Backup sensor option through Chyrsler only comes as part of another $2000 option. Tire pressure sensors keep triggering and can only be reset by dealer. Odyssey runs so smooth their recommended oil change is every 7500 - the Town an Country is 3000. There are so many other little items that Chrysler has gone cheap on. You folks all get upset but I am entitled to my opinion that this is a cheaply made Van and I think it lacks quality.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:26 AM

No one is saying you can't have your own opinion, but:

No locking gas caps, no storage under radio on dash
Never looked for a coin holder as usually they are standard
Dont' have the quote handy, but you complain about the tank not being full.
All of this is evidence that you did not hardly look at the van before buying. That part is your fault, plain and simple. Complaining about lack of features AFTER buying is rather silly IMO.

Backup sensor option through Chyrsler only comes as part of another $2000 option
So they offer it, but you didn't want to buy it. Sheesh, no pleasing you, that's for sure.

The door remotes do not work well.
Tire pressure sensors keep triggering and can only be reset by dealer.
My van is two months old and has been in the shop three times already and waiting on parts for the
4th time.
Finally!! We get to some legitimate complaints. In your original posts, you bashed Chrysler for the dealer not giving you a full tank, and implied that the lack of a full tank was your entire reason for hating Chrysler, which is completely misguided. BTW, selling a vehicle with an empty tank is one of my pet peeves as well. I test-drove a '97 T&C last weekend that the seller had the tank totally on empty (estimated 13 miles before tank would run completely dry, when the accuray of that sensor/calculation is what +/-10 miles at least?). I was worried that I would run out of gas on the ~1.5 mile test drive.

I will agree that the T&C is no flawless vehicle. The sheer number of negative reviews on carsurvey.org cannot be ignored, and you cannot attribute ALL of it to lack of "reasonable" routine maintenance or shoddy repair work. However, look through the reviews on all other similar-in-class minivans, and you'll find there does not appear to be ANY mini-van that is head and shoulders above the rest. Given that is the case, why pay boatloads more for a Honda? You sound to have had a good personal experience with you Honda Odyssey. Plenty of folks have had quite the opposite experience with that model (not myself).

I have settled on getting a T&C, simply because people seem to love the features, and the fixes for "common" items that go wrong with it have been well-documented on the internet, so I should be able to deal with them. Believe me, if any of the other mini-vans appeared to be head and shoulders above the rest, I would be looking at them far more seriously than the T&C. I normally try to find a vehicle that is generally touted as ultra-reliable, but such could not be found in the case of mini-vans.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 AM

so the qeustion begs to be asked....if you had a Honda, why did you go Chrysler after just a few years?

service...again, not so much manufacturer related...that's a dealer thing....any brand can be good or suck.

feature wise, you list several, no many things that you should have known or seen before buying. hardly a brand issue. oil changes...any new vehicle can go 7500 miles between changes and last forever. I've always changed my personal cars at 7500 and all of our company vehicles are the same and never had any oil / engine related issues....and I have an 83 Olds and a 91 Nissan still going strong.

Opinions...no problem....you know the saying.....they are like.....@$%@ and we all have one.

ORIGINAL: Rakr

You folks must work for Chysler as as otherwise you would see the lack of quality
in the Town and Country. You seem to be taking it personally. I also owned a 2003
Odyssey. I think it was a much better product and the service I received in the two times it went into service was much better than Manfredi's (Chrysler) service. Its the little things - that are missing in the Chrysler why I would never pruchase again.

The door remotes do not work well. No locking gas caps, no storage under radio on dash (i.e. ash tray - not that I smoe but I could use the storage). It sucks down gas
way worse than advertised. Backup sensor option through Chyrsler only comes as part of another $2000 option. Tire pressure sensors keep triggering and can only be reset by dealer. Odyssey runs so smooth their recommended oil change is every 7500 - the Town an Country is 3000. There are so many other little items that Chrysler has gone cheap on. You folks all get upset but I am entitled to my opinion that this is a cheaply made Van and I think it lacks quality.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 AM

I don't think that it has anything to do with Chrysler, I think shes in over her head with the vehicle and can't get out from under it now. So its the manufacturers fault. I mean who gets that upset about petty things. Go to an auto parts store and buy a coin holder.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

No one had the guts to stpe up and say - this is the manager of Customer relations. No wonder Chrysler is going down the tubes. I would never buy another. I have made it my mission to talk friends out of it. Chrysler does not support its product. I now have two Hondas and when my lease is up I will have three.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 PM

You know what? there alot of people with whole of lot of problem than you have. Be thankfull you can even afford a new van and you need a coin holder and full tank of gas? I try to help out any one I can. This form has helped me out with problems with my 05 t&c so much, people that care. Be thankful for what you have!!!!MayGod Bless and merryCHRISTmas!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Say what you want I have had the car in the shop 4 times now for TPMS.
I hope they are billing Chrysler nicely for the service.

As far as being in over my head - no.

I ordered the vehicle and I paid. When I picked it up its empty and the dealer says sorry. I contact CHRYSLER who states "deal with the dealership". I figure I am beat for it - but I wont forget it. If I had the time I would be at the dealership every other day and let Chrysler get billed. I went with the Van for the fold in seats. Now there are other options on the market. When my lease is up Chrysler will lose more than $50. Np matter how good you figure the Van is the dealership -Manfredi Chrysler should of never been allowed to do this. It ends up costing Chrysler (who you are s vigoursly defending)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Really Cheap