Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Bump stops

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Arrow Rear Bump stops

Hi Guys

Needs some help (thought I'd posted this earlier)

I have a 2001 Grand Voyager UK and Ive just noticed the rear bump stops (Rubber beehived shaped rubber cones above rear axel) need replacing ASAP. Tried all the motor factors I know, but none have an after market alternative Rang main dealer and a pair will cost £88.12

Therefore can anyone recommend an alternative please

Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 AM

I'd look at Ebay to see what they have got! Even the breaker that advertise on there. How come they need replacing? Are your shocks working correctly? No leaks ect? Let us know how you get on with that Archoil 6200/BG244 or the 2T oil mate

Old 10-22-2014, 06:17 AM

Hi Tim

They need replacing simply because they have worn around the fitting its not that they been bashed. Looks like they've not been changed since new so they've lasted 13 yrs.

tried ebay no joy tried ACD parts they got none

and will do when i get back

Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Would the standard Voyager not be better to be uprated with the self levelling dampers that the LTD has. If the stubs they fit on are the same that is.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Would the standard Voyager not be better to be uprated with the self levelling dampers that the LTD has. If the stubs they fit on are the same that is.
Hi goggs don't understand full what you mean...?

Are you talking about replacing the current shocker with pampers or do these fit some where else...?

and what would the situation be if I took it in for an MOT test and the bump stops were missing, would it still pass or would they fail it

TomC

Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 PM

Well the standard Voyager has standard ordinary Dampers but the LTD edition has self levelling dampers. The only difference is the diameter, no hydraulic pipes are fitted. You can load it all you like and back end doesn't go down. It can only be memory levelling.
Bump stops not required then, has LTD got them, I'll check tomorrow as I'm working under it just now.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:07 AM

Would be interesting to know if stand and self levelling shocks are a strait swap. Anyone know ?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:11 AM

I would have thought they would be.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
I would have thought they would be.
Ok guys well let's say that we are agreed that they are a straight swap replacement. (I'm not saying they are just asking)

What is the situation, when it comes to the MOT test will the examiner accept the modification, of self levelling shocks, as an acceptable reason for not having bump stops or would he fail the vehicle due to the fact that bump stops are not fitted.....?
And I guess it begs the question are bump stops considered to be part of the MOT test....?

I have say I thought so...! But I may be wrong

Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 AM

There is no reason that you can't replace the shocks to what ever you want. Afaik as long bump stops are not part of an MOT test! As long as they are there.

Quick Reply: Rear Bump stops