Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scanning tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 04:46 PM
Default Scanning tool

Ihave just bought a Vident i702 pro scanner. About the only thing it will do on my 2007 grand voyager, is clear fault codes. It showed that I had four fault codes, but not what they were. I cleared the codes, but there are still three when I do the key dance. The P0235 has gone. I cannot access the ABS system as it did have a code, but I changed the front near side ABS sensor, and the light now goes out, but I would like to clear any codes that are left in the system. Has anybody else used one of these machines.
Thank Madmacks

Old 10-14-2021, 05:39 AM
Default MkIV or V ?

Is yor GV a late IV or an early mark 5 ?
If it's a Mk 4 then you have the same problem that I have namely;
It appears to me that the only reliable way to read and reset codes and query sensors etc. is to invest in a scanner / diagnostic tool that links (or has a built in) DRBlll facility.
From what I understand the V has full CAN bus so should be easier to get a scanner that works

To all other readers of this - am I right - would love to be proved wrong on the Mk IV. !

Old 10-14-2021, 07:46 AM

Yes, last of the MK4s. Looks like I am wasting my money on these scanners. I have tried the cheap one's and they will not even connect with the car. Still at least I can turn off my engine light, but struggle with anything else. To try and get my money back, I have to send it back to China. I have sent a query to their tech staff. Will await their reply with bated breath.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:04 AM

It sucks when you can use only clear codes but can't find out what they actually are. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or looking up some online forums to see if other people have had similar issues? Also, have you heard of Smart Engines? They're not a scanning tool for cars, but they have some seriously cool automatic, eco-friendly document scanning and OCR technology. Just a thought, in case you need to scan some crucial docs. Good luck with your scanner, and I hope you can get those codes cleared out soon. Take care.