Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Side Steps.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Default Side Steps.

Anyone fitted these to their pride and joy?

Chrysler Grand Voyager Side Steps Stainless Steel

Was considering getting them, but just a bit concerned the framework off them hangs down too low and reduces ground clearance...

Old 02-06-2014, 01:29 PM

My first Voyager had Chrysler original side steps fitted. They never dragged even with 6 passengers and their luggage. No reason to think these stainless steel steps would drag either. They probably use the same mounting points as the Chrysler steps.

I've been searching for an original pair for my current Voyager but I've been unlucky so far.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
My first Voyager had Chrysler original side steps fitted. They never dragged even with 6 passengers and their luggage. No reason to think these stainless steel steps would drag either. They probably use the same mounting points as the Chrysler steps.

I've been searching for an original pair for my current Voyager but I've been unlucky so far.
If you look at the fitting. Strict ions Alan they seem to have a frame that fits the original mounting points but it seems to hand down below what looks like it could be the fuel tank...

Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Merle, I think that's the spare wheel well you can see, not the fuel tank. The photo appears to show the bracket is a bit lower than the wheel well but it could be deceiving viewed from that angle. You'll probably get a better idea by checking how much ground clearance there is under the spare wheel well.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Better to get the full trim package of side steps and bars that run around the bottom edge of the front body work. It looks cool and totally transforms the look. No idea where you buy it but have seen cars for sale with it on.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 PM

I'm not surprized some are worried about ground-clearance nowadays. In Leeds it's a constant worry with bad roads and ridiculous unnecessary speed bumps. You end up crashing and banging your way along these awful roads, damaging the suspension components and exhaust systems. The entire situation has got out of hand. In back of me where I live, there are speed bumps in what amounts to a car park. WHY? Why is our money being wasted on these unwanted and expensive, short-lived, falling apart carbuncles? Am I being forced to pay £240 per annum for this ? YES! Am I being forced to pay part of my council tax for this? YES!
Are we going to do something about this? YES WE SHOULD!!!

Leedsman. No taxation without representation...

Last edited by Leedsman; 02-06-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:49 PM

Leedsman, you are turning into Victor Meldrew - calm down and keep taking the tablets...

I would not buy the side steps unless they came as a package with some of those cow horns that you see down Texas way for mounting on the front of the car....and maybe a bumper sticker that says "Better Dead than Red"...oh, and maybe a seed-corn cap too.

An even better bumper sticker is the one that says "Hungry? Need a Job? Eat your Japanese car". Man, I am going to grow up into a redneck someday.

I'm needing a bit of humour today, which is leading me off topic!

Happy Motoring.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM

Comment...

Last edited by Leedsman; 02-10-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Alteration.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM

The older I get, the more I feel like Victor Meldrew -- I just don't believe it...

Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 PM
tfb

wow! Cow horns now that's an idea!!

Regards
Richard

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side Steps.