Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Sliding door wont open while on park

  #1  
Old 06-14-2019, 03:12 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default Sliding door wont open while on park

Hi i have a chrysler town and country 2008 and for some reason my sliding door wont open while engine is on
But when engine is off it opens
 
  #2  
Old 06-14-2019, 03:49 AM
AlanC's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by Miggs8804 View Post
Hi i have a chrysler town and country 2008 and for some reason my sliding door wont open while engine is on
But when engine is off it opens
It won't open while in Drive. You need to be in Park to open any of the power doors.
 
  #3  
Old 06-14-2019, 06:18 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
It won't open while in Drive. You need to be in Park to open any of the power doors.
Yeah im at park but for some reason it still wont open
 
  #4  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Scotsman4th's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lanarkshire
Posts: 314
Default

Don't know if this would do it, but i'm sure the doors used to have an auto lock function, that could be turned on or off via the overhead info panel.
I'd think a locked door should open, but worth a check.
 
  #5  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th View Post
Don't know if this would do it, but i'm sure the doors used to have an auto lock function, that could be turned on or off via the overhead info panel.
I'd think a locked door should open, but worth a check.
I dont see a on and off switch for auto lock but dont know if my t&c is equipped with it
 
  #6  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:29 PM
QinteQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,547
Default

Originally Posted by Miggs8804 View Post
I dont see a on and off switch for auto lock but dont know if my t&c is equipped with it
It's in the software for all Chrysler Dodge American [country codes] or euro, even for driver/both/ front doors but you can't get at it without a pro dagnostic meter.
 
  #7  
Old 06-17-2019, 05:31 AM
AlanC's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 767
Default


No need to start a new thread on the same subject, it'll just get confusing.
On my 2007 model, the auto lock function is controlled in the overhead computer settings.
What about the child door locks, have you checked them?
 

Last edited by AlanC; 06-17-2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Added photo.
  #8  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

No need to start a new thread on the same subject, it'll just get confusing.
On my 2007 model, the auto lock function is controlled in the overhead computer settings.
What about the child door locks, have you checked them?
Yeah already have
 
  #9  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
QinteQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,547
Default

That, [lock/unlock] correct me if I'm wrong in the EVIC is to stop anyone/child intentionally/inadvertently opening a door. It is auto executed by the BCM above 15 mph. It exists on many platforms but is pretty much across the whole Chrysler/Dodge range software(s).
 
  #10  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:07 AM
AlanC's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 767
Default

Originally Posted by QinteQ View Post
That, [lock/unlock] correct me if I'm wrong in the EVIC is to stop anyone/child intentionally/inadvertently opening a door. It is auto executed by the BCM above 15 mph. It exists on many platforms but is pretty much across the whole Chrysler/Dodge range software(s).
Correct Q, to some extent. It prevents the doors from being opened from the outside, with or without the engine running.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sliding door wont open while on park


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.