Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Sliding electric doors not opening

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Default Sliding electric doors not opening

Hi guys,

Having problems with both my sliding electric rear doors, they are very temperamental whether they work or not, more often than not, when I press the button to open whether by dash or key fob, the door pops open but does not slide back.

I have had the chain loom out more than once to test for broken wires, using a multi-meter and continuity tested from the plugs both ends whilst moving the wire back and forth and the loom itself seems 100%. Even ran my fingers up and down each wire looking for potential breakage points and still the loom seems 100%.

Occasionally they work which is a surprise when they do, but more often than not, the doors will not slide back and forth electronically.

Any suggestions to try please would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Any ideas please guys? would like to get this sorted.

Many thanks

Old 05-29-2015, 01:34 PM

Look to further connection perhaps. Dirty corroded contacts giving resistance. Emmmm where could that be....I'm thinking of IPM...

Old 05-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Obstacle detection, then stored values is a good bet, see here. There are a whole set of different causes for different people from overhead EVIC to grease on the motor clutch, there's a megga thread covering most of them here my friend.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:33 AM

Many thanks

I will get on with plenty of reading throughout the weekend

Cheers guys, appreciated!

Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 AM

Worked on this yesterday and is doing my head in.

Last time I worked on these doors I worked on the chain loom, when I finished, the door worked every time no problem, left it for a couple of hours and it started failing again.

yesterday, I didn't touch this loom, I checked out the latch, removed the latch and observed, tested, the door was working every time no problem so put it back into place. The door was then opening and closing every time exactly as it should have done.

This morning went out to check, and guess what....

It's popping open, but not sliding open again, no noises or nothing.

This is annoying as when I try to diagnose, the door behaves 100%. But after a couple if hours, its back to its non working tricks again

Old 06-01-2015, 06:19 AM

You really need to see what codes are being stored, and get them cleared with a suitable scanner, the re-scan if new codes are then created that way you will get at the initial cause of the error not the outcome which is the inoperative door.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Default Gas cap

Originally Posted by JaSonic
Hi guys,

Having problems with both my sliding electric rear doors, they are very temperamental whether they work or not, more often than not, when I press the button to open whether by dash or key fob, the door pops open but does not slide back.

I have had the chain loom out more than once to test for broken wires, using a multi-meter and continuity tested from the plugs both ends whilst moving the wire back and forth and the loom itself seems 100%. Even ran my fingers up and down each wire looking for potential breakage points and still the loom seems 100%.

Occasionally they work which is a surprise when they do, but more often than not, the doors will not slide back and forth electronically.

Any suggestions to try please would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
I think you've got a bad gas door sensor. The door thinks the gas door is open and won't open because it could hit the open fuel door.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by JaSonic
Worked on this yesterday and is doing my head in.

Last time I worked on these doors I worked on the chain loom, when I finished, the door worked every time no problem, left it for a couple of hours and it started failing again.

yesterday, I didn't touch this loom, I checked out the latch, removed the latch and observed, tested, the door was working every time no problem so put it back into place. The door was then opening and closing every time exactly as it should have done.

This morning went out to check, and guess what....

It's popping open, but not sliding open again, no noises or nothing.

This is annoying as when I try to diagnose, the door behaves 100%. But after a couple if hours, its back to its non working tricks again
Check the fuel door open sensor?