Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slipping out of gear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Default slipping out of gear?

Hell all
I have a 93 Plymouth voyager that for the last few days has been making a little more noise then normal. when in gear is a rattle / squeak sound occasionally that I hear and with the door open is pretty loud. Was not really a problem though until today. When driving just lost all power and the engine reved up like I dropped in neutral and would not accelerate like normal. I had to manually put in neutral and then in drive again and would start going again for a little. over about a 15 min drive I had to do that numerouos times. Also if from a stop get on the gas a little harder (not near flooring it at all) seems like would not shift up. When coming up a hill and it had the same thing but leaving it in gear where it went after the car slowed to around 15 or so was still able to pull up the hill out of gear and back in and was fine. Transmission fluid level was within operating range and did not have a bad or burned smell that I could tell. any ideas on what could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.