Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Throttle Body Cleaning ( On Dodge Forum)

Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Default Throttle Body Cleaning ( On Dodge Forum)

I am curious I seen a article on Dodge Talk Forum where a Guy and his son did a throttle body cleaning and the back of his TB looked like it was Rhino Lined Seriously I am curious if anyone has done one of thee type of things with a 3.8 T&C Van? I got curious like my Baby Kitty and starting Rooting around my TB and found to my Horror that Behind the 4" Butterfly ( 4" may be incorrect but I am used to Thermoquad Butterflys) it looked like someone had Rhino lined the entire Intake from little I could see may not be as bad or could be horribly worse.
Since I am getting Gallons to teh mile instead of Proper Gas Mileage ( Exageration but not by much) I was thinking it couldn't hurt to do a good cleaning and it had me thinking if it looks that nasty there how grimmy goooey an djust pathetic must the Intake Valves and so on be looking?
I am not really interested in removing entire intake Unless it is required or highly suggested as I am still reassembling my 1970 Winnebago Mopar Powered Project but was cuirous if anyone had, has or thought of doing such a project? If there is any Posts anyone knows of? and any possible cons to doing a cleaning of this area Besides the fact that ya dont spray down teh inside of teh intake with teh engine off whiles fillng up any cylinder that have valves open and creating a goo lake inside the intake runners themselves.
I would imagine something liek this could increase Mileage and power etc correct?
Thansk

Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 AM

OK Sorry about this post for some reason I must of did a typo or my computer went retarded during search as I had nothing close to what I just found with the search I did with just Throttle body and I see 5+ topics alrady on this exact same queston. Again sorry I would not of started thread had I properly getten results