Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing Package on 2008 T & C

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 AM

I don't mean to be "cheeky" about this, but if a tech can't tell us how to determine IF THE VEHICLE HAS A TOWING PACKAGE OR NOT, what kind of questions are considered appropriate and likely to get useful responses? I was expecting something like, "If there's a 6X12 rectangular box bolted to the back side of the radiator with 2 aluminum lines coming off the top.....etc." Or something like that. Seemed like a logical tech question and certainly not a "what colors did it come in or how many cubic feet of cargo space does it have?"

Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 AM

I didnt respond to this for one simple reason......

It is foolish to tow more than the spare tire on a vehicle equipped with a 62te trans. Your asking for trouble.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks, That is not really what I was wanting to hear. Is there a transmission difference then between a T&C with and without the towing package?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

We fix the cars we dont build them I dont know with out having to do the same thing U will haft to do and that's ask the sales man that sold u the van. Same thing with asking how much a part costs I have no idea I dont sell them.
Talk to the parts dept they will know what they can offer as far as an add on cooling system or what ever.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Default T & C Towing Package

Knowing the limits for standard and "towing Package" vans is NOT the question. That's easy to look up. The question is, how do we know if we have the towing package or not.
If you don't know the answer, then fine. Just means you're as ignorant as I am. If you do know, and just don't care to share that information, then I have to wonder if maybe you should look into another line of work.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Knowing the limits for standard and "towing Package" vans is NOT the question. That's easy to look up. The question is, how do we know if we have the towing package or not.
What you are asking is just as easy to look up....If the spec sheet says its there, then its there.

As a Tech........I have no reason to look at that information, So I really dont know what comes with the tow package in the first place.

If you do know, and just don't care to share that information, then I have to wonder if maybe you should look into another line of work.
I'm hoping you dont think this is salaried work.....These guys are here out of Kindness to share thir Knowledge and experience.....Think about that before ya go bashing it...

Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

yeah I am gonna go change my job just because I dont know if your van has a tow package or not why dont u do as I had asked u 2 do well this will be the 3rd time now. your laziness does not need to stem out on this forum.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM

yeah I am gonna go change my job just because I dont know if your van has a tow package or not why dont u do as I had asked u 2 do well this will be the 3rd time now. your laziness does not need to stem out on this forum.

O.K. Sorry for any hard feelings. Last transmission from me I promise, but I can't leave without clarifying what seems to be a key point to your last posting. I never asked if my van had the towing package. I asked if anyone knew how I could tell if it did. Very different questions. Apparently no one does, or doesn't care to say. Fair enough. As you were.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

dam u are thick headed I have told U no less then 3 times how to tell if U have one or not GO TO THE DEALER THAT U GOT IT FROM AND HAVE THEM LOOK UP THE BUILD SHEET ON THAT IT WILL TELL U WHAT IT HAS ON IT. Can u tell me what cloths I am wearing ?? can u tell me what trans or engine I have in my car? NO and why not because no one on this forum is in front of you to look at the sheet or the van. Good god man do some work for yourself the info is right in front of u go get it.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM

does the van have what looks to be a factory hitch if not more than likely it dosent have a tow package.

Quick Reply: Towing Package on 2008 T & C