Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing Package on 2008 T & C

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Default towing package

O.K. So I lied. That wasn't my last transmission.
MOPWRD, thanks for your response.
Apparently because I don't know what the SUper Moderator is wearing today, I can't tell the difference between a 3 piece suit and a Speedo.
Makes sense, just like no one knows the difference between an engine with a heavy duty cooler and one without.
I got the build sheet, and shared that info. I know that I have the tow package, I know what the specs say I can tow. Guess that's all I'm supposed to care about. Take it on faith that the spec sheets are correct and never wonder "what does the damn thing look like? Where is it located.", etc.
14 years in the business, guess I assumed someone would know that stuff. I've had my T & C for 2 weeks and I'm trying to learn. "Lazy"? If you like. I've crawled under the van, poked around, talked to the salesman and the service department. Maybe if I find the spare time (which I apparently have so much of) I'll read some old threads and find out just what kind of information can be successfully sought around here.
Hey,
The sun is out. Enjoy!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

we fix them we dont build them They change things all the time and dont tell and dam soul. I have learned over the 15 years I have worked on Chrysler stuff never to assume anything that they did the year b4 will be the same this year. Like i know they will have lights int eh door switches and then half way through the year they will take them out and any replacement switch wont have the bulbs either stuff like they we dont know until we put it in and see first hand. Same with tow packages most of that is based off what the trans and engine can handle. The engineers know the numbers for heat displacement for certain metals and flow patterns or placement a cooler. SO maybe one year they want an external trans cooler for the tow package then next year they build the same thing into the ac condenser which by numbers is able to remove more heat then the external cooler so every van now has it regardless if it has a tow package or not but it is equip with a tow package but no external cooler. Same van but designed differently. The build sheet will give all of the info u need its a binding legal doc by a company so any misprints they are liable for them.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM

I got my build sheet and it seems my T&C came with a heavy duty radiator, Engine oil cooler and tranny cooler. It seems like all I need to do is beef up my rear suspension to minimize problems as I return home. Are there any suggestions as to what I need to do? Monroe makes an adjustable shock that they say improves the ride of vans and light trucks but I am not familiar with their products. Thanks for the information.