Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Reset

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Default TPMS Reset

Town and Country TPMS [/align]

[hr]

About three months ago I found a procedure on the web to reset the Town and Country (2006) TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) from the overhead console. I reset the indicator and all was fine. Now it has triggered again (as it has so very many times) and I cannot get the right sequence to reset it. The dealers will tell you it must be brought in to reset it - but this is absolutely not true. I have done it before from the overhead console using a sequence of the reset and c/t buttons. It has triggered so many times on my wifes van I will not buyer another one when my lease is up. Can anyone tell me how to reset it. Thanks

Old 12-09-2016, 07:22 AM
loz

hi Rakr
do you know how to reset the TPMS on a 2007 300c??
thanks

Old 04-22-2018, 05:53 PM

i also have this goin on and gettin ready to order 4 new sensors... my indy tech says they will relearn themselves... dealer not needed... will find out soon and keep u posted... first sensors starting going at 6 years old...now its been 11.. about right i guess

Old 04-22-2018, 07:40 PM

When new sensors are added just drive the car and the sensors will detect them and start using them.

One thing that I wanted to point out.
If you have a system that just has a warning light on the dash, it does not just tell you that the tire is low, but also if the pressure is to high, four PSI high or low will trigger the light.
I worked in a shop on the New Jersey Turnpike and saw very many people just keep adding air, because no one ever bothered telling them that the light could mean high or low.
One guy with a Volvo had so much air in his tires that he pinned my tire pressure gauge which would be about 150 PSI. The last numbers on the gauge were 120 with about one inch of the plastic stick the numbers were printed on past it.
Another guy blew his tire off the rim, the surviving tires were also close to blowing, all of them had bulges..

As tires heat up, either from direct sunlight, or driving, the tires will heat up and make the air inside them expand, but normally not more than 4 PSI, unless you are driving very fast on a hot day..
As the air expands the pressure will increase, and if it crosses the sensors set allowance for variance, it will trigger the light.

Suggestion: Buy a reliable gauge, keep it in your glove box, and check tire pressure regularly.
Also, if you get into the habit of looking at the tires, you will start noticing if a tire is getting low. Look at the front tires and compare the bulge at the bottom (There will always be a bulge under the tires where the engine is) Compare them, if both are the same, it is unlikely that a tire is low, unless both are equally low on pressure. Do the same with both rear tires, but as I said, if you look at them regularly, you will soon be able to tell just by looking at a tire that it needs air.
The TPMS systems are just something that was forced on the auto industry, and not really all that reliable if you do not fully understand how they work.

Over inflated tires are extremely dangerous, you can and will lose control of the vehicle, when properly inflated tires would have saved your life. Under inflated tires can be equally as dangerous,
Inflate the tires according to the label usually found inside the drivers side door frame, not the pressure printed on the tire. The pressure rating on the tire is the max pressure the tire can safely handle, not the recommended pressure.
That pressure may not be right for a vehicle of your vehicles weight, size and configuration.

Last edited by BiliTheAxe; 04-22-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 PM

hey bill just thinkin as last time these went out i had a dealer install... do they have to be mopar sensors ? or will any that fit vehicle relearn on their own ?

Old 04-23-2018, 12:19 PM

When it comes to sensors, go MoPar only.
The aftermarket parts industry went to hell and I've seen a lot of problems that came from using aftermarket sensors.
Hell, I've even had issues with aftermarket radiators failing in 3 months, and the MoPar one has lasted for 4 years.
Why risk having to do the same job twice, even if it does cost a bit more for the part.
Check online, sometimes you can find a really good deal, or coupon codes for an online retailer.

The MoPar ones should relearn, but I've seen a post on a 300C forum where someone could not get the aftermarket ones to relearn automatically.

Last edited by BiliTheAxe; 04-23-2018 at 12:25 PM.