Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK VOSA Test

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Default UK VOSA Test

Took it round without checking anything, it sailed through .................. but.

4 axle rolling road, brakes ok, handbrake efficiency test ok, pulling off the rollers a mechanic heard a metallic clink near the rear axle. Straight back on the ramp and a brake pad had sheared from its adhesive backing some time ago looking at the rust. Hmmmmmmmmmm back on the rollers and even with a pad completely missing this thing still scored higher than the needed on the foot brake. Leedsmans handbrake issue, here the parking brake efficiency and balance was also good which surprised me.

So I've ordered a full set of everything, shoes, pads, new disks, and a large small parts bag - I'll give the old girl a treat while I have to do a strip for the single pad. All in all a good day even if [the test was free gratis] the treat cost me £89.99.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:33 PM

How come you got a free test QinteQ?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:45 PM

Handbrake Passed test...You wibbling like David Cameron.....I'm going to do this...That...Tother.......(Yes ok I admit it I've still to do mine yet).

Old 05-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
How come you got a free test QinteQ?
Just a M8, from being a little kid learning when he was a junior garage gofor, no one would teach the kid - I did. Now he's a man employing 6 with two sets of test kit, he lends me 4 post lifts and a £12,000 toolbox with all the windy toys whenever I have a need.

Goggsy - yeh ! I was amazed, I've never touched the thing for 2 years and it did [legally and properly] pass, he will do no favours of that kind. I helped and encouraged his test certificate and business setup in the early days and taught him not one - not one ever - even for our own mother. If you knew the checks they go through these days neither you nor I would do a wonky test either its just not worth it. I've got 5 mates all with test certs within a couple of miles of me, they would all help and do it free. Free is not too bad I won't tell you how much a garage pays VOSA but a Greggs pastie costs more.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:24 AM

He's a good mate to have QinteQ. Nice to have access to all those lovely tools