Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade EVS & uConnect on 2010 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Default Re: Uconnect for 2010 Town & Country

As I mentioned before, you could have someone set in the back with a stephoscope or something liek that to help in pin pointing the sources of the rattle. Afterwards you may need to remove the centre console inorder to get at the wiring harness to secure them. Also the rear side panel where the extra jacks are located may be remove to secure the cable inside. Generally plastic tie cables are used to secure the cable harness to the ceiling and side frames. I just had an Idea. You cold possible use spray foam to secure the cable in difficult locations in the ceiling and side panel, but not too much spray. Dave

Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by David Faulkner
The price appears to be right. For your radio what has to be installed is a bluetooth module which will be located below the glove department. Wires from this module interconnect to the wiring harness that is behind the radio. The microphone will have a long wire which is connected to the bluetooth module and run up the right passenger pillar across the front of the window inside the top paneling and mounted to the top left driver pillar. The button on your radio will allow you to answer calls as well as initiate calls via a voice respond process. One can easily install this as the instructions are clear that come with the unit. I have the above unit which I bought and realize afterwards that it is not required in my case as I also purchased a completed DVD system which had this functionality built in. I used the same microphone that is part of the bluetooth package and installed it and it works great. Provides a very clear voice pick up to the caller at the other end. Thus, I have the bluetooth unit along with the microphone un-used that I am interested in selling as I cannot return this item. I bought this item at the same time I bought the upgraded DVD radio system thinking that I would need this. The product descriptions were a little confusing at the time of purchasing this units. Installation time is approx 2 hours. Dave dfaulkner@me.com
So this thing you bought extra and are selling will give me the UConnect? How much are you asking?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM

The unit is referred to as:
Bluetooth Handsfree 82211878 (This comes with a module, cable and a small microphone)
The black module attached to a steel frame behind the glove department using cable straps. It has a wiring harness that runs from this unit to the radio where it interconnects with the existing wiring harness behind the radio. The microphone has a long small black cable that connects to this model and the cable runs up the right side pillar across the front of the roof panel over to the driver side pillar. The microphone has a double sided tape that allows the microphone to attach to the driver side pillar close to the roof line. The microphone cable when run across the top of the window shield is stuck inside the roof panel, the roof panel does not need to be taken down to run this cable.
It provides the bluetooth connectivity. $200 plus shipping.