Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

used 2008 T & C Ltd first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Default used 2008 T & C Ltd first impressions

We just picked up a used 2008 T & C Ltd with about 50 000 km on it. A while back we got rid of our 1994 Caravan and swore we would not buy Chrysler again (numerous problems. . .) but here we are again, this time hoping that the experience is a better one.

First impressions after less than a week:
-excellent fit and finish, no rattles, no squeaks
-lots of power; the 4 litre really moves this van
-amazing number of amenities
-handling is surprisingly good; I thought it would be sloppy but it really takes to the road quite well.
-huge interior, lots of room for the family.
-I like the boxy look and the chrome accents (but this of course is subjective)

I'm really hoping that our newest Chrysler experience turns out to be a good one. So far so good. . .

I have some questions about some of the things in the van, but I'll put those in a separate post.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:57 PM

Hi,
We are the auto parts manufacturing company and locate in Brea city. One of the parts that we manufacture is the Cabin Air Filter , or Pollen filter for the sold-in-US, Left Hand Drive 2008-2010 Crysler Town & Country Limited.
We include instructions on how to replace each filter, and hence, we need to be taking pictures of the process. We would really appreciate it if you can help us out by taking those pictures. I will ship to you a new Cabin filter for free, and in return, I need your help to take some pictures of the process and email it back to me. In case if any of you are wondering if we are legit, please check out our website at www.genera.com., or contact me at jane@genera.com.

Thank you!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Default update

We just got back from a 3000 km winter road trip. A few more observations:

This van really is made for families. The kids loved the swivel and go seats with the table, but they did notice that there really wasn't lots of leg room. They liked having the dual dvd players so one could play his ps2 and the other watch videos.

The storage space is amazing. I like having the storage space where the stow and go seats would normally go.

The van handles on the highway well. It could be easy to get a speeding ticket as. It rides smoothly.

Fuel economy was ok: about 11.5 l/100 km.

Some less positive observations:
There was significant wind noise during windy conditions through the front passenger window. We'll have this looked at.

The power third row stowing system does not like obstructions. There seems to be no way of stopping the process once started and no way of reversing it. You have to wait for the seats to jam on the obstruction, move the obstruction and then retry to stow the seats.

So far we're happy with our purchase.