Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager GS TD manual gearboxproblem and repair tools.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Default Voyager GS TD manual gearboxproblem and repair tools.

Hello.

I changed gearbox but in new used box have problem. It whistle in 5th gear, when car moves down from some hill whistle stops. I think that problem is 5th gear bearing what is behind 5th gear, because it whistle only when throttle is on but when driving in idle all quiet. Does anybody had kind problem?

From that reasone I have another question. Does anyone say what size is nut before 5th gear, what size wrench I need? That 6252 tool I will build myself, because ordering time is around 2 weeks but I donīt have time.

Best Regards!
Sven from Estonia

Old 10-17-2017, 02:14 PM

Add a bit more fluid to your box and see if it still whistles..Had a Renault Megane RX4 in past and it started to be noisy in 5th. Mind you all the Renaults went to their graves early due to this. It seems that the boxes were built with too much pre-load on the main input shaft and not having enough fluid in the box either made noise get worse of box go Bang. Shortest living car I ever did have, six years from new and it was scrapped.