Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager wont Start, please help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Default Voyager wont Start, please help?

Hi,

I am new to this forum but hopefully someone on here might be able to help me!?!?!

I have a Chrysler Voyager 2.5 Turbo Diesel (recently brought it about 3 weeks ago), it’s been running fine up until today.... I took it to a garage to have a vehicle test carried out, because I am going to be using it for private hire, and when I went to pick it up I was told that it had broken down while they were test driving it!!!!

Basically the engine turns over but will not start. After some time of giving it a once over and several attempts to start the engine, I happened to get back in the car and try starting it again.............this time it started!

Great I thought so off down the road I went, got about a mile down the road and it dies again and wouldn't start.

Called the AA out who towed my car home, well just about until the gadget they used broke the tow hook! [:@]. Tried starting it again at this point and it fired up once more.

Got about another 2 miles down the road and it died again! [:@] [:@] I eventually got the car home but once again it fails to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what could be causing this?? please????

Any info much appreciated.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Default RE: Voyager wont Start, please help?

Hi stiscooby

Your problem sounds very much like mine (see thread chrysler virgin) only yours won't start and mine will.........I'm wondering if it could be the same cause????? Mine just dies and I then can't bump start it, I HAVE TO turn the ignition off then on again and it starts straight away. It's like something has to be reset. Maybe yours is the same but your reset is longer thus the car doesn't start for a while????

Anyway, sorry I haven't been a great help but whichever one of us comes up with a solution (if we ever do) we should share the knowledge..........good luck!

Karen

P.S. I presume you are in the UK

Old 05-03-2006, 04:21 PM

very frustrating...same on mine, on mines in reverse. try taking the keys out of the ignition, lock then unlock the door, then open and shut the door, then start...works on my 98 T&C...I just cant put it in reverse. I am sure that its a fluke and will probably die in drive next. Oh well ...putting it in the shop today, hope they find the problem if they do i will post it.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 PM

I forgot to mention but EVERYTIME the engine cuts out the diesel heater plug warning light flashes!?!?!

Old 05-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Default RE: Voyager wont Start, please help?(edit)

I was just told that on my van , it was the throttle position sensor, had it changed out. With the diagnostics and the parts and labor it ended up costing me $325. For something that is probably 2 bolts one plug, and all of 15 minutes worth of work. But thats what happens when you take it to the dealership. Hope they fixed it, going to pick it up tonight, will let you all know. ( I posted here instead of in my own thread because it would appear that we all three are watching this one.)
EDIT-- I think I'm going to be sick. If this is the fix.
http://www.thepartsbin.com/repsite/c...r~reparts.html