Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Watching video while in park

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Default Watching video while in park

Can anyone tell me why I can't watch video while in park? When tuned to the Sirius TV, my screen doesn't have the touch screen button that says "View Video" While watching a dvd, the button that says "Display Video" is grayed out.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Watching video while in park

That's correct, some states are now enforcing a no watching of videos on the front display monitor even while in park, law. LAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said LAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The state of Michigan is now going thru the process of trying to enforce this new law.

Thank goodness for the aftermarket MyGig Lockpick module.

Thanks and see you out there, because I certainly won't be watching movies while I'm driving. LOL!
Loki Sunrider

Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 AM
moe

bet your sale person forgot to mention that to you before you signed on the dotted line.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM

This van came from a Michigan dealer so I called them. They never heard of any enforcement of any law with the front screen video capability. They told me they haven't had any issues with this capabilityas long as the hardware is there. I took the van to my dealer. They had it for about and hour and said they hooked the radio to their computer and simply enabled the ability to watch video on the radio's screen. Everything works fine. I'm surprisednobody else had this issue. Luckily it's a simple fix.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Caryks

This van came from a Michigan dealer so I called them. They never heard of any enforcement of any law with the front screen video capability. They told me they haven't had any issues with this capabilityas long as the hardware is there. I took the van to my dealer. They had it for about and hour and said they hooked the radio to their computer and simply enabled the ability to watch video on the radio's screen. Everything works fine. I'm surprisednobody else had this issue. Luckily it's a simple fix.
That's because Michigan is trying to pass this new law right now.
I guess I should have said pass this law instead of enforce it.
Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks and see you out there,
Loki Sunrider