Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water leaks 05 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Default water leaks 05 T&C

I just found quite a bit of water under my dash where the firewall meets the floor, there was also water in the rocker as well, this was on the drivers side. Anyone know if there is a TSB on this?

Greg

Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: water leaks 05 T&C

the tsb that is used is crap I would not use it What i use is a drain tube extention on the firewall that directs the water down and does not allow the air pressure to build back up and force the water inside the cabin. Post again and i will get the part number to use when i get to work in the AM.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Chrysler Tech -
Thanks for the reply. Is this a common problem with this body style? I find it a little dissapointing to find water puddles inside a fairly new vehicle, especially since it would probably lead to major rust in a major structural area. Is there any chance that it could be a drain in the cowl area? I would think that would have some large size drain holes. I also noticed that when I start the AC, it usually stinks like something got very sweaty and then died, it eventually goes away and the more it is driven the less is smells. I took it back to the dealer and they supposedly sprayed something up inside but it only seems to have lasted about 2 weeks or so. Also, where is the drain hose located, on the passenger side or the drivers and how does it get pressurized? The reason I ask is that the van has not been driven for over a week so it would not be from driving - unless the water has been in there for a couple of months. Again thanks for your help on this.
Greg

Old 08-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

ok the part number for what u need is this 5264688 this is the tube to which u will install over the drain and direct the flow of water down and not back into the cabin. The drain is on the pass side on the firewall. Remove the air filter housing and u can reach behind the assemblies down to the fire wall and install the tube. The tube will have a metal spring that u squeeze open so that it will go to a little indention on the drain and lock it in place so it wont fall off. The pressure is just simple physics if u dont have enough pressure inside thre cabin from the blower motor aka on high or atleast med speed the pressure of the van driving and 60+ mph wind will force the air back up the tube and and all the water will just stay up there and when it fills up enough it has to go some where and well its inside the pass cabin. Design flaw and this tube will correct this. The smell would be the water that stays trapped in places that water is not suptose to be starts to stink and thats your smell. When u get the tube installed run the van turn on the heat full blower motor speed for 15 min that will dry up most of the water in there and help with the smell.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks so much, I'll give the dealer a call and get one on order unless I luck out and they have it in stock.
Greg