Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Default What a weekend!

Just thought I would let you know about my "up and down" weekend!!!

I armed myself with my rad flush, oil (just for top up) and antifreeze yesterday.

So, I topped the oil up and that was sorted, ran the rad flush through and drained the system (although I couldn't get the rad drain tap open so had to remove a hose) and topped up with a 50% anti freeze mixture. Then I went off to collect my parents from the airport.

This morning, I got up and saw two places under the car where water was dripping. I jumped underneath and sure enough one of them was the hose I had removed to drain the system, I retightened the jubilee clip and then I went to tighten the other leak point. This was a wierd bodge job that was done when the gas conversion was carried out.

There was a T piece, with one of them blanked off and the leak was on the T. The T piece was made of plastic. Yep, you guessed, as I tightened the clip, the plastic T piece broke and the coolant started pissing out, all in my hair, not a good conditioner girls

A quick walk to Motorist's Discount Centres and £3.78 later, I was armed with a 1 metre length of 5/8" heater hose and replaced the offending article, which had another join (this time metal) further along its length. So a 1 metre length of hose from A-B had 1 T piece and a join on it. I fitted the new (one piece) hose and refilled the coolant (most of which I caught) and only time will tell.

On a positive note, these cars bleed their coolant really well and it's strangely pleasurable to watch all the air purge.

Thanks
Mike

Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 PM

what a weekend hope your next weekend will be better