Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels - safety and legalization

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by John Jarman
My latest insurance went down from £220 to £185 on an 04 GV fully comp.
I bought new wheels about 18 months ago because the original had been refurbished once and looked bad. I got 18s with the appropriate tyres and I have never noticed any change in ride comfort. I still use the old ones for the winter as they still have good tyres.
As to affecting camber/ caster or any other angles; that is not so.

JJ.
You did well on both wheel offset & insurance JJ,

Not all 18" fit all Mk's of GV and the very worst thing anyone in any country can do is believe ANYTHING any dBase tells you. The CHRYSLER 300C 18" [225/60/18] ALLOY's fit my 05. My rule is use the calc then check & treble check.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
You did well on both wheel offset & insurance JJ,

Not all 18" fit all Mk's of GV and the very worst thing anyone in any country can do is believe ANYTHING any dBase tells you. The CHRYSLER 300C 18" [225/60/18] ALLOY's fit my 05. My rule is use the calc then check & treble check.
Thanks QQ, I searched for a long time to get the wheels - I can't remember what make off the top of my head right now but I wanted a stainless rim and as much dish as pos. I hate all these FWD type wheels with no dish which are so common these days. Until the GV, ten years ago, I had proper (!!) American cars ('95 T/Bird and '95 Lincoln Mk8 and older GM incl. a Trans AM) and had reasonably dished replacements on the those. I'm 'old school' I guess.
A long time back on here, posted about lowering the GV and, because there is no common way, I got zilch useful replies but comments on 'why'. I'm an old geezer and have lowered nearly every car I've had - usually by cutting coils but some times with proper springs. Now cutting them will alter the camber but who cares, they drove OK!
I'd like to 'air bag' the GV and as it has very little value now, and I have my XJ Jag as daily driver, I'm working on that.
Regards, JJ.