Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless control module

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Exclamation Wireless control module

I would like to inform consumers of the problems Chrysler is having with their vehicles. I currently own a 2011 Town and Country Limited edition. It was purchased brand new from the dealership. I have put a lot of miles on the vehicle due to my handicap son's doctors are all 2-3 hours away. This is the only vehicle I own that is equipped to transport him and all of his equipment. However that fact should not contribute to the current problem the vehicle is having. Within the last 5 months my van has been towed to the dealership 5 times, 4 of which has been in the last month. Each time it is the same problem, the WIN module. When this part goes out, the van is completely useless you can not start it, lock the doors, put it in neutral. It is completely shut down, and there is no way to override the system. Each time it takes the dealership close to a week to fix. Twice it has gone out within 24 hrs of getting it back from the dealership.
All but one time it has left me stranded with my children away from home. Once in Texas, once in Mississippi at my mother's funeral and three time here in Lake Charles. Three different dealerships with the same outcome.
Each time Chrysler has replaced the module with not assurance it won't go out again when I try to start it again. I've call Chrysler's customer assistance and their only response is if it happens again, take it to a dealership. Chrysler has left me with constant unreliable transportation and 1000s of dollars in expenses of unplanned hotel stays and gas traveling across three states to recover my vehicle, not counting missed days of work and being robbed of my time dealing with this issue.
Chrysler has made no attempt to rectify the problem nor offer a solution.
The public needs to be informed on how Chrysler treats their customers and how their family's life can be in put in turmoil the same way ours has

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

We are sorry for your issues with the van IM sure it can be a pain in the *** at times.
A few key issues do they infact fix it each time? Second are you aware if U have an handycap van alot of things are changed and moved around electrical items and so on to accommodate the lowering of the van and also the added extra items if U have a power ramp ? If this is the same issue over and over then there might be an issue that the people who installed the extra stuff has to be some fault and well Im sure none of the guys at the dealer knows how all of works I remember getting vans like that and Having to talk to the people who install items such as that its a nightmare because its all a custom job no two are the same. And as for Chrysler them self a dealer is a subcontractor of Chrysler not Chrysler them self a dealer represents Chrysler nothing more.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Default Chrysler town and country.

The module has been replaced 3 times and it is out again now. As far as the handicap accessible, we only have had a ramp mounted to the inside of the door leaving all original part and wiring in tact. I realize that each dealership is franchised but The maker should stand behind their product and make it right.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Unfortunately, I've read similar stores like that, regarding customer treatment, about many manufacturers. Chrysler sure doesn't have a monopoly on suspect customer treatment. If you don't get any satisfaction from Chrysler you might try contacting your States Attorneys General or groups dealing with handicap issues for any experience or advice.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

so U dont have the floor gutted? the floor is not like 6 inches lower then normal and front seats on a platform holding it up?

Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Thanks Raptor7 I have meeting w regional manager this morning. If they won't accommodate me I will call the attorney general.
Chrysler tech... No there was no adjustments made to the van other than a Manuel ramp installed on the door frame.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

ok most of the vans I have seen like that have the floor gutted to allow space for the chair to go into.