Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Default Wiring

Hello all

I have a '97 Grand Voyager, and I have a few questions about the electric circuitry in it.

First, I discovered a wire and plug under the drivers seat - connected to: nothing! My first thought was, that this was a default wire for heated seats, but I haven't been able to find a switch for any seat heating. Then I thought that it may be for a cd changer. My brother have a '96 model of the same car, with a cd changer in it. This changer is placed under the drivers seat.
I haven't been able to find this wiring in any manual, nor have I been able to google it. Can any of you please enlighten me on this? If it is a cd changer wire, I would be able to use it as a connector for a cd changer (duh), but maybe more interesting - to an mp3 player or something like that?!

Second, I tried to install a cigarette lighter (or at least the contact), in the "trunk". There is a plastic plate hiding wires and contacts for such a plug on the interior wall hiding the wheel. I managed to connect the wires to a contact, and even managed to make the contact fit in the hole. What I didn't manage, was to get any power from the contact... I have looked and looked for a fuse or relay to enable this contact, but with no luck. So, the question is, does any of you know how to "enable" the cigarette lighter circuit in the rear of the car?

I appreciate all help and all suggestions.

Jan

Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wiring

not a cd changer wire there was no factory cd changer installed in thoes vans u can install them after teh fact but most of the time its under the passanger side.
Now what u more then likely have is a connector for seat motors and if u have power seats then it would be for high line memory seat module. It is cheaper to make one body harness for all the vans then it would be to make several different ones for each different setup ya know. the cig lighter u might just be out of luck the same fuse powers up the front one so if u got the front one working then either u have no power or ground to the connector in the back via the supply wires.