95 Cirrus running Rich!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Default 95 Cirrus running Rich!!!

Lately the car has been running really rich, to the extent where gas is coming out the exhaust and shooting flames out of the tailpipe. Has absolutely no power what-so-ever and completely undrivable now. I changed the map sensor, tps, iac, spark plugs, wires, intake manifold gasket, and changed the rear o2. Nothing fixed the problem, but after sitting for a couple of weeks and then putting new sparkers in it, it ran good for about 3 min and then flooded again. It will run but you can smell gas out of the tailpipe and has no power. I am thinking that the o2 sensors are clogged and that the one I replaced is wired wrong (I used some aftermarket one that you had to splice in), and that the cats are possibly fubard. I believe that this is causing the engine to run rich and is fouling the spark plugs... Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks alot for the help.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 95 Cirrus running Rich!!!

man with that info ant help on here would be a shot in the dark. But here is something that will pull your hair out. The car is not running rich u have to much O2 and the computer is adding fuel to get rid of the excessive O2. Dont ask if u have never worked on a chrysler b4 and dont know about Speed density u wont understand. Make it simple for ya, What does an O2 read? O2 only cant tell ya how much fuel is in the system only O2. If the O2 sensors see to much O2 they think that there is not enough fuel to fire off the air that is in there already so it adds more up to a certan threshold which u can see in the computer. Now with that said u could have a bad cat yes but it wont make your system run rich only an upstream O2 controls fuel down stream checks that the Cat is doing what it is suptose to be doing.