Squeaky Cirrus

Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Default Squeaky Cirrus

I was given a Cirrus with only 12000k by my across the street neighbor , she bought it new and did not drive it much as we can tell by the miles on it . I registered it and starting driving it about 500 miles a week expecting to run in to some issues as the car never really saw that # of miles on a weekly bases, it developed a Transmission oil leak, fixed that at a local AAMCO .(Solenoid gasket) Now it is Growling, Squeaking very loudly when the steering wheel is turned sounds like it needs to be lubed up somewhere, I've used the grease gun at upper ball joint grease fitting and that did not help.I've sprayed some silicone at all the bushings under there and nothing worked so far. It looks/ to me that the lower ball joint/arm control is in need of replacing. I jacked up the front of the car and with both wheels of the ground the noise is not present. lately i can hear the squeaks when going over bumps and it is stating to get real loud when you turn the wheels. The car was at no cost to me so i'm wheeling to put some money in to it. I do most of my own maintenance and some work but this is driving me nuts as i can not find the source of the noise.
Any ideas/suggestions? I can really use some help .
Thank you in advance for your time.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 PM

I have a 96 and drilled holes in the lower balljoints to add grease zerks and it fixed the squeaking.it was very loud

Old 10-30-2014, 09:16 AM

I had the same issue when I purchased my 2000 Cirrus LXi. I had to replace the lower control arms and the squeaking stopped. Not related to squeaking...I also had to replace the strut assemblies on the back and the struts and strut mounts on the front. Plus put on new front bearing assemblies on both sides. After I did all that, the car drives very smooth and quiet! It was very loud when I bought it...squeaking from control arms, banging around from the struts being bad, and noisy bearings.